• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jerchap2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    This is the only way we can stop it. Yet only 12 Senators have signed on, and it doesn't look like we have the votes in the House. The only way this will succeed is if millions of We the People apply significant pressure. Let's do it!

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Where do i sign to make congress investigate the president and his justice department? IRS ....... Benghazi ......... Obamacare .......... Birth certificate (because it IS fake)

Congress doesn't have the testicular fortitude to enforce any decision it makes or to uphold the law when it comes to policing its own ranks. But if joe citizen steps out of line then the helicopters and storm trooper full apc's will be at your door

Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    The House has tried 40 times now to repeal the ACA.... and failed 40 times... remind me what the definition of insanity is again?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    The House has tried 40 times now to repeal the ACA.... and failed 40 times... remind me what the definition of insanity is again?

Not only that, it was uphold by SCOTUS. Congress needs to stop wasting time and money on repeal. They should try when the people realize how bogus some parts of the law are.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not only that, it was uphold by SCOTUS. Congress needs to stop wasting time and money on repeal. They should try when the people realize how bogus some parts of the law are.

This isn't repeal, it's playing the funding game. Without a budget, the continuing resolutions are the mechanism or game they are using to fund the activities of the .gov. I don't see why it's a waste of time to use this tool to try in preventing this abomination from taking even further root into our economy. Whatever money they waste in successfully stopping obamacare will be worth it in the long run.

Secondly, just because the SCOTUS upheld this thing, doesn't mean they're right...they're just the final arbiters. This is just one of the latest anti-constitutional decisions they've made.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    This isn't repeal, it's playing the funding game. Without a budget, the continuing resolutions are the mechanism or game they are using to fund the activities of the .gov. I don't see why it's a waste of time to use this tool to try in preventing this abomination from taking even further root into our economy. Whatever money they waste in successfully stopping obamacare will be worth it in the long run.

Secondly, just because the SCOTUS upheld this thing, doesn't mean they're right...they're just the final arbiters. This is just one of the latest anti-constitutional decisions they've made.

If they can't repeal it after dozens of times, what makes anyone think they can successfully defund it? If it'll cease to be, it will. Once enough voters call for a change, it will happen. I do not support the repeal of the entire bill, but a good part of it needs to be changed/repealed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

Rule of Law..... err something.

brat-holding-breath.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    If they can't repeal it after dozens of times, what makes anyone think they can successfully defund it? If it'll cease to be, it will. Once enough voters call for a change, it will happen. I do not support the repeal of the entire bill, but a good part of it needs to be changed/repealed.

I'm OK with the repeal of all 2400 pages and the reversal of all the regulations geometrically spawned by their enactment.

Which parts do you believe ought to stay in effect?

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    I'm OK with the repeal of all 2400 pages and the reversal of all the regulations geometrically spawned by their enactment.

Which parts do you believe ought to stay in effect?

The ability for people under 26 to stay on parents' health insurance, the inability for companies to deny based on pre-existing conditions. I would have been much more happier with a public option though.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The ability for people under 26 to stay on parents' health insurance, the inability for companies to deny based on pre-existing conditions. I would have been much more happier with a public option though.

If you make it unprofitable for insurance companies they will go out of business, which is what some in the government want. Why would you sell someone an insurance policy for $1000 a month if you have to pay out 5 times that every month? That just does not make any sense.

Top Bottom