• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    I would really like to see the raw numbers behind these stats as well, but in reality, anything; house or car alike, that is broken into will have a gun stolen if a gun is found. Not much you can really do about it, if so unfortunate, but make them hard to find. But then again, you cant defeat the purpose of owning said firearms by making them difficult for you to access. Catch 22 maybe? Like others have stated...common sense goes along way, and DO NOT ADVERTISE.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN

That was an awesome thread to read through again..... Just remember according to one of our members having a custom fabricated steel box hidden in a radio console welded to frame of a vehicle, which is wired to the cars alarm system, is the only bare minimum for leaving a firearm in a vehicle..... but dont worry he has that setup with a :poop: tubular lock which can be picked by a novice in less then a minute.

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Sounds like Gun Free Zones are arming criminals. A legally carried firearm would be in it's proper holster ready to protect the owner, but NOOOooo. A business has to post a sign (in some states that carry weight of law) and the legal gun owner now is required by law to pull it from the holster and leave it in the car where anyone with access to breaking a window can get it. Sounds like Gun Free Zones are arming criminals.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've been known to leave a gun in my Jeep, even parked with the doors off. Of course, it is in a safe that is difficult to see that is made from 1/8" steel, has a strong soda-machine type lock, and is bolted to the floor of the vehicle. They'd have to work awhile and really know what they are doing to get at it, with the chance that after all that work, it would be empty. They also run the risk of me, armed, returning while they are in the midst of all that work.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I try not too, 8 years ago I lost a Glock model 23 while 7 vehicles were broken into at work, last week we had another round of vehicle break ins. The next day the company posted a "Weapon free workplace" policy, our company is a sub contracted company, we don't own the property, but the policy states no weapons allowed in any vehicles on company property, this includes company vehicles,(as we are a trucking company) , then it states on any owned or leased property, or any surrounding areas such as walkways or parking lots.
    Basically I have read that to say, we can't even have a gun on the street in front of the office.
    There are 3 companies that work at this facility, the one company runs the warehouse and takes care of the parking lots, the other company is small just a handful of employees, most likely the ones causing the problems work for this company, because the problems started after they came into play.
    Then they go a step further and say all vehicles are subject to search, and if a weapon is found it is subject to termination.
    This is a just a small warehouse operation and distribution center, not a prohibited place, so wouldn't we be protected by the parking lot storage law ?

USMC2131

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2014
    Koontz Lake
    I leave my M&P Shield 9mm in the center console all the time. I work in an industrial park that is frequented by local LEO, so I have no fears of theft. Our company frowns upon carry in the workplace, but doesn't mind if we do machining projects pertaining to guns.

Taylor22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 3, 2016
    Morgan county
    I try not too, 8 years ago I lost a Glock model 23 while 7 vehicles were broken into at work, last week we had another round of vehicle break ins. The next day the company posted a "Weapon free workplace" policy, our company is a sub contracted company, we don't own the property, but the policy states no weapons allowed in any vehicles on company property, this includes company vehicles,(as we are a trucking company) , then it states on any owned or leased property, or any surrounding areas such as walkways or parking lots.
    Basically I have read that to say, we can't even have a gun on the street in front of the office.
    There are 3 companies that work at this facility, the one company runs the warehouse and takes care of the parking lots, the other company is small just a handful of employees, most likely the ones causing the problems work for this company, because the problems started after they came into play.
    Then they go a step further and say all vehicles are subject to search, and if a weapon is found it is subject to termination.
    This is a just a small warehouse operation and distribution center, not a prohibited place, so wouldn't we be protected by the parking lot storage law ?

Yep.

Odds are if you point it out you'll be on the shortlist for termination for a "different" reason though.

Jimb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 11, 2012
    Cicero
    Yep.

Odds are if you point it out you'll be on the shortlist for termination for a "different" reason though.
    Yep....odds are that is best defended in litigation, which would most likely be in your favor, but the damage to your employment would already be done at that point....that's were they get you.

Top Bottom