Don't worry guys, the world isn't going to end!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    A friend showed me this yesterday, thought you all would like it.

WARNING: I am about to burst your doomsday bubble for all of you who worry about the end of the world that is supposedly coming in December of this year.

There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesaer created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013.

Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for the leap year. So technically, according to that Mayan theory, the world should have ended about 7 months ago. You can breathe a sigh of relief now. You're welcome.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Leap year is because of the calendar WE use, which is Gregorian. Ours is different than the Mayan calendar because they dont have a leap years and we do. They looked at time different than we do now. So really leap years mean nothing for the supposed "end". We just track time differently than they did which does not mean it has not passed, from what I have heard its still supposed to be the 21st or something even though we have leap years. :dunno:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Funny, but major logic fail. I could say the world will end in 12 years by MY 365 day a year calendar. Thus if I am correct the world will end in 4,380 days.

Now if YOUR calendar accounts for leap years, 12 years equals 4,383 days.

So the world will still end in 4,380 days, just the date by MY calendar will be December 31 and by YOUR calendar roughly December 27th or 28th.

SERVED_USMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Lake County
    Leap year is because of the calendar WE use, which is Gregorian. Ours is different than the Mayan calendar because they dont have a leap years and we do. They looked at time different than we do now. So really leap years mean nothing for the supposed "end". We just track time differently than they did which does not mean it has not passed, from what I have heard its still supposed to be the 21st or something even though we have leap years. :dunno:

All of the above.

dtkw

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    Bloomington
    I thought the Mayan were trying to say their empire would end in the 21th Century. But they miscalculated their future.

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    I seen something recently that said most of the outside archeololgist had misread the info. The mexican archeologist think that the reference date is a date from something significant from the past. Given the Mayan counting system and the fact that the true cosmic alignment already occured, I think we are safe from the Mayan apcolypse.

Top Bottom