• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Survival store gone thanks to low traffic and the surplus store across the street.
    It's supposed to be a part of the newscast.

Bob

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    They ran a preview in the 7 o'clock hour this morning. I bet they'll put it up on their website after they run it tonight.

We were wondering what event sparked them to look at this topic now?

RAMBOCAT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2011
    +1 for jagee. Who in the world would want to expose their bunker to the general public????

The Professor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2015
    Evansville
    +1 for jagee. Who in the world would want to expose their bunker to the general public????

You have to look closely at the mindset of some of these "Doomsday Preppers." First, many of them WANT TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) to happen, for whatever reason. Many of them want to then show how "right" they are. Just like the guy who goes out and fixes up a classic car (or Classic CAR (see what I did there?)), they want to show off their hard work so that others will be jealous.

The show Doomsday Preppers made craptons of money off of that very idea. About four years ago, I attended a Survival Expo in Denver, Co where Doomsday Preppers had a booth looking for people for the show. There was a pack of idiots six-deep around that table of jackwagons BEGGING to be on the show and show off their preps.

Never underestimate the desire of an idiot to display his idiocy to the world.

That's what made YouTube such a success.

The Professor

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Never underestimate the desire of an idiot to display his idiocy to the world.
    I don't want to take away from your point but there are also those who believe it's inevitable and they'd like to share their skills with like-minded folks and/or do what they can to stave off the disaster. Some people even believe we can avoid it entirely through education.

There are many who just want to show off but there are also many who want to help. Be careful you don't mix them.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    You have to look closely at the mindset of some of these "Doomsday Preppers." First, many of them WANT TEOTWAWKI (The End Of The World As We Know It) to happen, for whatever reason. Many of them want to then show how "right" they are. Just like the guy who goes out and fixes up a classic car (or Classic CAR (see what I did there?)), they want to show off their hard work so that others will be jealous.

It's not that I want to show off my stuff after SHTF, and I don't care to make people jealous.

But, it would be sweet to not have to go back to work...........ever.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well I just watched the segment. They mentioned climate change three times ... I really don't prepare for climate change.

Decent segment with only a dash of crazy. I am a bit shocked that the people used their possible real names and allowed the news folks in but to each their own. FOX did give some good info and did not bend it too bad.

Top Bottom