• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bdin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    Wow, I just saw a recent episode of Doomsday Preppers and I had to share what I saw. Down in central Florida there is a small colony of preppers who performed the following "training" exercise: one man runs down range about 50 yards to a car to place a homemade explosive (didn't catch the type). After placing the explosive he immediately drops to the ground and starts belly crawling back to line. As soon as he gets about 10-20 yards away from the car, the remaining 4-5 people at the line start firing at the car. Let me repeat that, about 5 people are rapidly firing directly above his head and at a car that is no more than 20 yards behind him! To top it off the explosive is then detonated shortly after (but we'll before he makes it to the line). Wow...

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    It was tannerite, and I'm guessing it was just filming and editing that made it appear that they were firing over him. I'd have to go back and rewatch it, but I dont think they had any scenes or cuts showing them firing at the car with him being in the line of fire.

Bdin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    They said that they believe that high stress training like that yields the best results. I think it was some sort of defensive exercise. This group also erected gallows for punishment within the colony.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    This TV show is just propaganda to demonize anyone who still cares about the constitution.

Either that or I'm making too much of it and all TV now days really is for people who would have been considered an invalid 10 years ago.
    I got rid of my TV a few years ago because of this garbage.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I think I watched an episode or two. I didn't notice any disparagement of the constitution. Mostly, if I recall, the show is focused on the weird, likely ineffectual stuff that these doomsday preppers do. But as Lebowski points out, if they showed people doing effective preps for disaster or long-term survival scenarios, it would be too boring to hold anyone's attention. It's just another sensationalist TV show.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    That show is BONKERS!!! I saw another one where this guy was getting his shipping-crate apocalypse basement fitted with a spiked trapdoor on the outside staircase. He must think he's Bowser!!

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    I don't understand the thinking behind allowing the entire country to watch what you are doing to prepare for doomsday. I think they're all idiots. Talk about putting a target on your head.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy running to place the tannerite in the car and then belly crawling back was the compound owner's prodigal son who never liked his father's strict rules and ran away at 16 only to return to participate in his father's 25 acre doomsday compound preps. It was supposed to teach him how dangerous living post-apocalypse will be, like living on his own since 16 didn't do anything like that.

CombatRex

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    NE side of Indy
    I watch them all..mostly to get a good laugh. However once in while you pick up on a good idea..but mostly I just shake my head. Watch Doomsday Castle, it's even worse.

WeeJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    They had one where a guy took his young kids into the desert to teach them pistol shooting. He shot off his own thumb and collapsed - the tv crew had to take care of him. It was described as a "misfire". They didn't ask his kids for their opinion of dad.

Top Bottom