• ...and so much more!
  • 4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    This coming season of Doomsday Preppers is about "building".
    Yeager is building a Doomsday Army for the season finale, which was filmed a few weeks ago.
    Those who believe everything they see on TV and the Internet will be well entertained.

Miles42

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 11, 2012
    Fishers, IN
    I found the show a unrealistic. These folks have way to much money. Underground bunkers Castles etc. Fun to watch bur nothing to get excited about.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Well, of course they will air the most extreme stuff.

Not like it'd be an interesting show with your average-joe just putting canned food and supplies on a shelf in a root cellar or something.

As a matter of fact, the first few episodes were exactly that and I found it fascinating. Now they just find wanna be soldiers with money and a desire to get on tv and they do this stupid crap. I no longer record these episodes on my dvr. Its pretty dumb.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I found the show a unrealistic. These folks have way to much money. Underground bunkers Castles etc. Fun to watch bur nothing to get excited about.

There must be something in the human psyche that desires a Maginot line. Bunkers, castles, compounds can all be breached given a determined attacker.

And enough time.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    There must be something in the human psyche that desires a Maginot line. Bunkers, castles, compounds can all be breached given a determined attacker.

And enough time.

Yes, I agree. If you look at historical examples of SHTF, mobility is probably one of the most desirable qualities. A family's bunker may be able to repel bands of robbers and other jerks, but if you have a hostile army, with tanks, artillery, air support, tens of thousands of infantry, coming your way because you're in the middle of a war, there is nothing you can do except to run. So some of the people in the show are perhaps better as models of what not to do.

There hasn't been a war on American soil since the Civil War, and so maybe people don't know what's what when SHTF. Talk to civilians who have survived war zones. Bunkers usually isn't the answer. (On the other hand, maybe my sample population is biased. Most of them made their way to the US. So obviously they had good mobility.)

Top Bottom