• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just picked my up today from my LGS. My initial thoughts are that it looks to be very well made and it matches my spikes upper very well. I wont know much more until it is fully assembled and fired. I chose one that was in stock and only had to wait about two weeks for the engraving/transfer to my dealer. The only thing I did not care for was that they use a silver paint on the engraving. I wish they would have left it black or posted that they would be putting the silver on it.

soljah777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I do not think you will find these available locally anywhere.You have to order them from the web site and have transfered to your delaer.

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    I expected that. I've been following a couple threads on another forum about these, and while I'm interested in one I've seen quite a few reports of people waiting months for their lowers after paying. I'm getting tired of buying things that are "in stock" and then being told I have to wait and I'm trying to keep that to a minimum.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I expected that. I've been following a couple threads on another forum about these, and while I'm interested in one I've seen quite a few reports of people waiting months for their lowers after paying. I'm getting tired of buying things that are "in stock" and then being told I have to wait and I'm trying to keep that to a minimum.

I find that frustrating as well. It seems to be an attempt to secure the money. While I understand that, it's trading the short term for the long term. It also seems to be a problem that plagues everyone who makes AR type rifles.

I have a Spike's rifle that I love, and I would have been happy with Spike's, except that they told me it would be a wait of a certain amount, then it was twice that time after I ordered.

Just tell the truth and get that reputation and you'll get a loyal following. I've seen companies in other fields get a bad rep when their capability was better than the other guy's, but the other guy managed expectations better.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    tks @ soljah777 and shooter521

We shooters are an impatient breed. Just be glad you didnt have to wait 9 months on a repair because Bushmaster was "redesigning" it.

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    ACR owner? :dunno: :):

lol nah the 9mm Carbon 15 pistol. Lower cracked right under the rear takedown pin and it and the entire buffer tube fell to the ground while shooting it.

at least they kept me informed throughout the process and sent me a new gun, but thats why im going with more traditional materials with this build.

Top Bottom