• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are almost always a few on Gunbroker, and the new models should be coming out in the next few months. I like my TCM, I also have a Rock Island double stack in .45 and there is a night and day difference in shooting the two. For a double stack 1911 in .45 I wouldn't have any problem recommending a Rock Island, mine has been a very good gun. I wish I could say the same for my Para P12, about which it has become obvious that the P stands for paperweight.

I tried a G21 and got rid of it. Good gun, but like wearing a good pair of shoes that don't fit. Tried Springfields, but they never did it for me either, might look into an M&P, limited capacity but I like the feel better than the other polys.

Our P-12 has been a wonderful gun. Tack driver, eats anything and has ran thousands of rounds.
    We just let AllenM doe a 2 tone ceracoat and trigger group on it. The trigger was getting a bit mushy from years of being used. EDC for my son.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I had an older Para P13 as well. Commander size 1911 with double stack mag. Nice gun, but I found it was a bit heavy and hard to CC with that wide grip.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    bought a Springfield milspec Hi-cap some years back for a run at limited with 45acp, beavertail, better sights, trigger job to 2.5 lbs, a magazine well bit enought to swallow a whale:). Par-ord magazines. Only problem came was with magazine ext. to 18 rns, multiple springs and feed lips to find the right combo:D, yea the grips are wider but with hamhock hand like mine it was not a bad fit. I still consider it a 1911 wide body or not.:yesway: just my:twocents:

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    I have a LLAMA 45 acp double stack that rates about a 5 on a 10 scale for me. It tends to be fussy about FTF and FTE unless a lot of attention is given it in th loading process.

I also have two PARA's a 16-40 Limited and a 14-40 compact. Both are outstanding shooters (40 S&W)
    Here they are, That's a Single-stack PARA 45 acp in the middle.

12708.jpg

Top Bottom