• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Not sure if anyone else was watching the stock market when this happened, but it was insane. Everyone in my office clogged the router by trying to refresh every 10 seconds.

From what I gather, Greece passed a bill allowing them to access bailout money. This let to more rioting. It also led to the Euro losing a good amount of value. I read somewhere the Euro banks closed early since they didn't have liquidity to stay open any longer today. Crazy times.

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I know, I was watching CNN and it dropped from -467 to -940 in like 45 seconds.

All I have to say is "What's next?"

Will Obamason create another bailout, this time for Greece?

Wow, It's looking better and better that I just bought more ammo.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    News reports said a computer glitch with if I remember correctly, Proctor and Gamble, caused the drastic one minute (or so) sell off. When they found that 40% of P&G stocks sold in a few seconds, they pulled the plug on that computer. The rest of the drop was blamed on the Greeks! Wall street is firmly in the hands of idiots.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It's not just Greece. It's also because on the Chinese Markets as well. Take a look at them tonight.

Personally, I can't wait to see the stock market crash. And crash hard. Yes, that's a cruel and awful thing to say and wish for, but I don't care. This Country needs it and Washington needs to see they can't keep spending money they don't have. No one can buy our debt anymore. It's over. It's time to watch the stock markets fall.

Hope everyone reinvested in gold... EDIT: Or bullets. Which I have for sell in the classifieds. :D

Last edited:

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Just wait. We're due for the same thing that's hit Greece.

Runaway debt? Check.

Entitlement spending projected to skyrocket? Check.

At some point, the entitlement spending is going to have to get cut. The people who have become dependent on entitlements will not be pleased.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Just think...if one transaction, where the media is making the claim that someone made a much larger transaction than they actually wanted could affect the market in such a drastic way...couldn't a pool of funds from those that wish to see our country fall, forcibly cause our market to crash? Do you think this raised the eyebrows of anyone with that type of idea?

Rammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Mishawaka
    Yes. Your money is safe. If the market falls at all our computer automatically pulls your money out. What? No, no, we are the only ones with the special computer system. If everyone had the computer system. Then the stock market could literally loose a thousand points in an hour... Oh, your money is very, very safe.
    Rammer

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Fox News just said it was some kinda of mistake and the stock market is trying to undo the stock trades. :rolleyes:

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Just think...if one transaction, where the media is making the claim that someone made a much larger transaction than they actually wanted could affect the market in such a drastic way...couldn't a pool of funds from those that wish to see our country fall, forcibly cause our market to crash? Do you think this raised the eyebrows of anyone with that type of idea?

Well no that wouldn't be possible!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can't wait either :D

I just recently got into stock investing.

Knowing what I know now, I would've put every penny I had into the market back when it was rock bottom.

I'll be prepared for it next time...

I've been investing in ammo, but now I'm investing in preps. Right now my truck is getting the make over with a new tranny and some other work if I can get this RamCharger sold. It'd make a GREAT BoV, but no one wants to put gaskets on it. :dunno:

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Just wait. We're due for the same thing that's hit Greece.

Runaway debt? Check.

Entitlement spending projected to skyrocket? Check.

At some point, the entitlement spending is going to have to get cut. The people who have become dependent on entitlements will not be pleased.

And Greece does not spend anywhere near the proportion of its GDP that we do on police and military and all the jails, prosecutors and judges that go along with that.

When it crashes in America, we are going to have to drop our addiction to the authority state.

I just hope Americans like the way freedom tastes and don't immediately demand to go back to the bad old days.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Makes me wonder how many other times a typo has happened. Only this time it was noticed because everyone is so on edge of the Euro economy. Within a year the Chinese housing market bubble is expected to burst and we'll be back in the boat. America's market is self correcting, at least as long there are private industries not under the direct control of the government. And also so long as investors aren't punished for trying to make money, or too much money.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I got a question for some of those anxious for the crash, if your mother loses her retirement/social security/ house, who's basement do you think you'll live in?:dunno:

Last edited:

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I got a question for some of those anxious for the crash, if your mother loses her retirement/social security/ house, who's basement to you think you'll live in?:dunno:

Very well said.

Hoping for a complete stock market collapse comes from folks who obviously don't have any money in it.

It almost sounds like Robinhood crap.

The stock market is how all of us can own a piece of the American economy.

I have a lot to lose if the stock market just collapses. Millions of other people do as well.

But I guess it could be the great equalizer for people with no money. We could all be poor.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Very well said.

Hoping for a complete stock market collapse comes from folks who obviously don't have any money in it.

It almost sounds like Robinhood crap.

The stock market is how all of us can own a piece of the American economy.

I have a lot to lose if the stock market just collapses. Millions of other people do as well.

But I guess it could be the great equalizer for people with no money. We could all be poor.

Well said!!

Top Bottom