• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Legally carry a concealed firearm in 34 States!

Non-residents of Utah, 21 years of age and older, who complete this 4 hour course, taught by Jim Floyd, M.Ed., a Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification Certified Concealed Firearms Instructor, are eligible to apply for a Utah Concealed Firearm Permit which is recognized in the following states:

1. Alabama
    2. Alaska
    3. Arizona
    4. Arkansas
    5. Colorado (recognizes Indiana license, NOT the Utah non-resident permit)
    6. Delaware
    7. Florida (recognizes Indiana license, NOT the Utah non-resident permit)
    8. Georgia
    9. Idaho
    10. Indiana (Indiana residents MUST possess a Indiana handgun license!)
    11. Kentucky
    12. Louisiana
    13. Michigan (recognizes Indiana license, NOT the Utah non-resident permit)
    14. Minnesota
    15. Mississippi
    16. Missouri
    17. Montana
    18. Nebraska
    19. New Hampshire (recognizes Indiana license, NOT the Utah non-resident permit)
    20. New Mexico
    21. North Carolina
    22. North Dakota
    23. Ohio
    24. Oklahoma
    25. Pennsylvania
    26. South Dakota
    27. Tennessee
    28. Texas
    29. Utah (recognizes Indiana license AND the Utah non-resident permit)
    30. Vermont
    31. Virgina
    32. West Virginia
    33. Wyoming
    34. Washington State
    utah_states_DPG.jpg

Current cost of the permit (paid directly to Utah after the course) is $65.25 and is valid for 5 years. Renewal is $10.00 every 5 years thereafter. You do not have to possess an Indiana License to Carry a Handgun in order to attend this course, however, you cannot use a Utah non-resident permit to carry a handgun in Indiana IF you are a resident of Indiana!

Course curriculum includes:

• Handgun safety rules
    • Areas where Utah permit holders cannot carry a firearm
    • How to handle encounters with the police
    • Civil liability
    • Escalation of force
    • Handgun nomenclature
    • Ammunition
    • Fundamentals of shooting
    • Holsters
    • Federal, State (Utah), and Local (Utah) laws, codes, rules and regulations
    Cost of the Utah non-resident Concealed Firearm Permit course is $99.95 (early registration) which includes:

• Instruction
    • Lite refreshments
    • Student manual
    • Completed and notarized permit application
    • Copy of your drivers license
    • Completed fingerprint card
    • Utah BCI addressed envelope.
    • A certificate of completion (which can be utilized to apply for a Florida permit)
    Course Cost is only $99.95 per person

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]REGISTER EARLY AS TUITION INCREASES TO $125.00 PER PERSON AFTER 9:00 a.m. ON MARCH 6th!
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

YOU will need to have a passport photograph taken (around $8.00 to $10.00 at local drug stores) and bring the photograph to class with you for inclusion in your Utah application packet.

Issuance of the Utah non-resident Concealed Firearm Permit is contingent upon successful completion of the 4 hour firearms familiarization course and a criminal history check by the Utah Department of Public Safety. We cannot and do not guarantee you will be issued a permit.

ADDED BONUS... Everyone attending this course will also receive applications for non-resident CCW permits for 3 other states!

Seating is limited and pre-registration is required, so please register now!

REGISTER >>> Utah non-resident Concealed Firearms Permit course -... - Eventbrite

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have been looking into this. I received my Florida NRL app yesterday. What is the difference between UT and FL?

Thanks.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    They both give you multiple states (FL gives you KS, whereas UT does not), however, the Utah non-resident permit is much cheaper. $65.25 for the first 5 years, and then $10.00 renewal every 5 years thereafter.

Regards,

Jim

I have been looking into this. I received my Florida NRL app yesterday. What is the difference between UT and FL?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    They both give you multiple states (FL gives you KS, whereas UT does not), however, the Utah non-resident permit is much cheaper. $65.25 for the first 5 years, and then $10.00 renewal every 5 years thereafter.

Regards,

Jim

Thank you Jim. I am in Florida quite a bit, and will likely take up a residency there one day, so I may just go with that one.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You're welcome, and no worries. Just in case you are unaware... FL recognizes the IN handgun license, and, if you move there, you will need a FL resident permit.

Regards,

Jim

Thank you Jim. I am in Florida quite a bit, and will likely take up a residency there one day, so I may just go with that one.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    You're welcome, and no worries. Just in case you are unaware... FL recognizes the IN handgun license, and, if you move there, you will need a FL resident permit.

Regards,

Jim

Fully aware, sir. I can't move there fast enough. :cool:

ThePope

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Fort Wayne,In
    I went, I saw, I learned......'twas great to see some familiar faces, and put some monikers to the actual people there....

Jim was professional and his presentation was laid back, easy to digest, and fun as well....great job, Mr. Floyd......

Highly recommend this class.....Blessings from The Pope and a seal ( arf-arf) of approval .....

I am Out......;)

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    This is a great class and well worth the money. Jim does an excellent job. He makes it fun while you learn a lot. He's a good guy, even though he's stuck on .45 cal.:D I just give him a rep with Utah.

drd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Westfield
    So far I'm two for two. Can't make this course either. I sure hope you are planning another one after March. I really want to attend one of your courses.

JimFloyd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, we all have our flaws.... I just happen to have .45 of them! ;)

Thanks for the rep!

Regards,

Jim

This is a great class and well worth the money. Jim does an excellent job. He makes it fun while you learn a lot. He's a good guy, even though he's stuck on .45 cal.:D I just give him a rep with Utah.

Top Bottom