• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I'm not very knowledgeable about AR's. I am considering making a trade with a friend for what he described as a DPMS M4 16 inch. Anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth approx $850? Pros/Cons? Really appreciate all your help.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    A DPMS M4 style carbine (what the company calls an AP4) is barely worth $850 new; certainly not used. Also, be sure the model he has is actually an AP4, and not something like a Sportical or Oracle, which sell for MUCH less (typically in the $630-650 range, new).

grizman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Home
    OP, A DPMS for $850 used! Keep your money in your pocket and walk away quickly. A new DPMS AP4 IMHO isn't worth 850 new.

To be totally honest I wouldn't cross a city street to pick one up if it were free, unless it had some decent accessories on it!! Pull the good accessories, pull the firing pin, plug the barrel, paint the flash hider safety orange and throw in the kids toy box afterwords. Thats me thats my opinion of their quality. Don't flame, don't post up testimonies this is not a bash. I simply have no use for their products! No one will change or sway this opinion. Oly's are right their also.

Has nothing to do with brand snobbery! But is totally about quality,durability and functionality!

Last edited:

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    OP, A DPMS for $850 used! Keep your money in your pocket and walk away quickly. A new DPMS AP4 IMHO isn't worth 850 new.

To be totally honest I wouldn't cross a city street to pick one up if it were free, unless it had some decent accessories on it!! Pull the good accessories, pull the firing pin, plug the barrel, paint the flash hider safety orange and throw in the kids toy box afterwords. Thats me thats my opinion of their quality. Don't flame, don't post up testimonies this is not a bash. I simply have no use for their products! No one will change or sway this opinion. Oly's are right their also.

Has nothing to do with brand snobbery! But is totally about quality,durability and functionality!

:popcorn:

Snob....;)

Top Bottom