• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I haven't drawn on a board in a long time. I'm putting a porch on the front of the house this summer and can't for the life of me remember how to draw the plan view of the roof. I know it is seen foreshortened in the top view, and there is a way to draw a line....parallel to the roof and....I can't remember what to do next!! I want to get the roof so I can actually measure it out, and place rafters, etc.....
    :dunno:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    :dunno:

I got all excited to help a brother out... and then realized that you wanted an architectural draftman. I'm a mechanical engineer and very good at mechanical drafting, but my architectural drafting would look like a 5 year old did it. :laugh:

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I went into storage and found my Descriptive Geometry book. Got the answer I needed.
    I had my "3 views", I was wanting to see the actual plan view of the angled porch roof. I see now that it wasn't that hard to do. But I found some errors in my drawings....so I'm going to start over.

POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I worked on it lastnight on Sketchup. I got the house put in, but that is the easy part, it's already here. I had the floor just about done, will work on the roof system tonight.

Top Bottom