• Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    ummmmmmmmmmm the Vepr is an AK variant.

So is the PSL/FPK/Romak 3

The only thing mentioned that is not an AK, but is still similar is the SVD/Tigr.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    Ohh i have the PSL love

Does everyone have an SVD but me?...i hate my life.

Me to vitamin i suck, my collection sucks untill i aquire a tiger or svd, perhaps ol Steve can work some of his diplomatic shoulder throws to convince the U.S to toss oit the 96 import ban. :laugh:

Untill then.:(

I sold my s-12 for a cugir made 98% matching years ago a never looked back, the days of 500 600 dollar PSLs are over. Romania now teamed up with EU, which means they are to be pressed to cease imports of thier 7.62 and 54r, Im seein a few parts kits on the files for 500+ but assembled etc 1000+ as clay said mags 50 to 75$ are the norm, the ammo is all over and cheap for now.... If you do find yourself PSL stock up on your 54r but be aware nothing over 145-150 grain rounds.

more info

See EU ideas for the future of Romania
    http://www.saferworld.org.uk/downloads/pubdocs/Romania_Export_Controls_English.pdf

Here is a clip from the writings about military based firearms on Page 6

Ensure that present and future surplus weaponry is properly destroyed, in accordance

with Romania’s political commitments;

PSL'S are going to get very expensive.......

IMAG0620_zpsa8c457e8.jpg

S5031032.jpg

20130119143557584.jpg

10 inch "head shot" :D circle 200 yds, After a few dozen rounds the barrel will get noodley, But these results for me, were very acceptable for a Romaniana DMR The LPS optic is extreamly clear made of German Schott glass and is very easy to dial in targets after the first few rounds. I installed a tapco G2 trigger on mine that brought the pull down to less than 2 pounds.
    S5031059.jpg

I would only sell my Psl to help fund the purchase of a TIGER or SVD
    I Looooove it.

I dont have a good opinion on what 54R model is good for you, budget, etc.
    But im sure after your research you can narrow it down real quick.

I Would like to purchase a Dragunov Sniper but can't see putting out the pennies.

LOl you mean putting out thousands....

Last edited:

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    Before I would go with a Vepr I would think long and hard about a Yugo M76, either in 8mm or 308 model. Price isn't to unreasonable, ammo while not as cheap as 762x54r isn't stupid crazy, and the M76 has a milled reciever so you are not restricted to using LB ammo and heavier barrel than the PSL and still uses the AK operating system.
    :twocents:

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Before I would go with a Vepr I would think long and hard about a Yugo M76, either in 8mm or 308 model. Price isn't to unreasonable, ammo while not as cheap as 762x54r isn't stupid crazy, and the M76 has a milled reciever so you are not restricted to using LB ammo and heavier barrel than the PSL and still uses the AK operating system.
    :twocents:

I agree with this also. AWO is making up M76s chambered in 30-06 too... which is dead sexy. For the standard M76 going the 8mm round isn't a terrible idea right now... you can still get it off the shelf in most sporting goods stores without a ridiculous markup.

Top Bottom