• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Raw Apple Cider Vinegar has been heralded as a beneficial supplement to your diet for thousands of years. Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, drank vinegar for its health benefits. Drinking about 1-3 tablespoons of it before meals (3x per day) can help your body by doing the following:

• stimulating the production of stomach acid (aiding in digestion & breaking down food completely)
    • controlling blood sugar levels
    • increasing calcium absorption
    • improving satiety levels (keeping you from overeating)
    • suppressing your appetite between meals
    • lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels
    • fighting off microbes, molds, & candida in the body (yeast parasite that makes you crave carbs)
    • aiding with free radical damage
    • lowering High Blood Pressure
    • easing arthritic pain
    • lowering Acid Reflux
    • providing natural antibiotic effects
    • detoxifying your blood and breaking down mucus buildup
    • cleansing lymph nodes and increasing lymph circulation

You can use as a low-calorie salad dressing, mix it with juice or soda, adding honey, use it as a marinade, etc. Or just sip it plain. Rinse your mouth afterward so the acids don't sit on your teeth.

"How Vinegar Affects Digestion" | The Learning Channel

Does Drinking Vinegar Help You Lose Weight?

Detox and Cleanse with Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

Benefits of Drinking Apple Cider Vinegar

Learn the Truth about Apple Cider Vinegar and Weight Loss

Enjoy fresh produce and a healthy glow with apple cider vinegar

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I never had any problem with too little stomach acid (As he unscrews the cap to his bottle of Maalox). I think I'll pass...(wondering how long Hippocrates lived).

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    serious question. do you go to a doctor when/if you get sick?

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I was sick. If I did get sick I would consider a doctor only after I tried alternative routes, and depending on the severity. I will only take prescription drug as a very last resort.

I have a friend who hasn't taken a pill in 40 years, and he is one of the healthiest people I know. He is a model of good heath and he's in his 70's. He works out at my gym. Nice guy. His daughter died from a vaccine reaction.

BtownBlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Bloomington
    serious question. do you go to a doctor when/if you get sick?

Why should he, if he can achieve the same results at home? Vinegar is an amazing thing, I use it every summer to help heal sunburn. I even use it to clean and deodorize around the house. Thank you, Rambone, for one more reason to keep vinegar around!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I never had any problem with too little stomach acid (As he unscrews the cap to his bottle of Maalox). I think I'll pass...(wondering how long Hippocrates lived).

Maalox, for acid reflux disease? Vinegar is reported to help that, not make it worse. ARD is not caused by overproduction of stomach acid.

Hippocrates lived about 90 years.

Hippocrates - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    It tastes like crap....but, my wife and I have been doing this for years... I got off all my meds for gout and I believe ACV was the reason.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If I started doing this today how much do you drink a day?

I drink an average sized gulp before every meal that I eat at home. Different sources say anywhere from 1-3 tablespoons is a reasonable amount to drink before a meal.

While I knwo this is sound advise, and agree with rambone how does it taste

It isn't the best, but you can either chase it down with something, or doctor it up with some juice. Pickle juice has a lot of vinegar, I suppose you could relate it to that. But remember to buy the brown-colored Apple Cider Vinegar for doing this.

It tastes like crap....but, my wife and I have been doing this for years... I got off all my meds for gout and I believe ACV was the reason.

That is AWESOME!! Thanks for the feedback.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Welcome to the year 2000 when this was a big thing.

I believe in the power of ACV but a few points I would like to share:

1. Get the unfiltered organic stuff with the mother protein strand still in it. This is the best for you.

2. It is the absolute best way to fix acid indigestion I have ever found.

3. I do not recommend using it as a mouth rinse. Too strong a solution can cause problems. Better to just not use it as a mouth rinse.

Bragg is famous for their ACV. I usually get mine from Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    As TopDog said, be sure to get the organic stuff. I haven't bought any for a while, but it used to available at Kroger in the organic section. Was around $4 or so for a quart. They had Bragg and another brand the last time I bought it.

RockCreekRelics

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    It does taste a bit rough but it is good stuff. You definitely want the mother still in it. The stuff at most grocery stores does not have it. I usually buy Braggs at GNC health stores. Also it's not only good for people but for livestock as well. The difference in livestock that have it added to thier water and those who don't is impressive.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    If it makes you feel better then great, but your claims on the original post sound like those from a snake oil salesman. Many claims like this are seen on infomercials. I still remember when DMSO was the wonder liniment. Without scientific backing of the claims, I remain unconvinced. I'm not trying to be antagonistic. It probably won't hurt you.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Rambone, posts some freaky deaky off the wall, wack job stuff.

No Doubt.

This however, he is right about.

ACV works.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    A lot of people are under-nourished, because they don't like the taste of whole foods, or their lifestyle just isn't conducive to whole foods.

So, ACV and other supplements can really make a difference in some people, especially if their physology is very sensitive to nutrient defficiencies.

A lot of the processed food we eat has all of the necessary nutrients in it, but not in a form that is easily absorbed into the body. So, you may think you're getting everything you need, but it's all coming out the other end.

Any ailment should be accompanied by a change in diet IN CONJUNCTION with modern medicine. Doing either without the other is asking for trouble.

For instance, my Aunt is Potasium defficient. She has actually be diagnosed as such by a real MD. She does a terrible job staying on top of it though, and has all kinds of problems related to it. So she goes to another doctor and gets a pill to treat her symptom. If she'd just eat one banana a day she'd be fine, but she doesn't like the way they taste.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease, than to know what sort of disease a person has."

"Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well. Our food should be our medicine. Our medicine should be our food. But to eat when you are sick, is to feed your sickness."

-Hippocrates

Top Bottom