• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    If you want to drive 10 under or exactly the limit - great, but please use the middle or right lanes. Indiana is the only place I've ever been where people love to do the rolling roadblock by clogging all lanes, including the passing lane. Refuse to move out of the left lane, put-putting along. :rolleyes:

yotewacker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    It's against the law in Indiana to drive in the left unless your passing. This is one of my pet peeves. Stay out of the right lane unless you passing. How hard is that. It's also against the law to drive more than 15 mph under the speed limit.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Always fit your car out with machine guns and rocket launchers.

_01444503.jpg

fountainjl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    We have a big problem with this in TX also. The West side of the state has it down no problem, as there are a lot more two lane highways. The East side? Not so much... (Unfortunately, I LIVE on the East side. lol)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I had a state trooper do that to me once on I-65 when I was on my way to Chicago. He was driving about 64mph in the left lane daring people to pass him on the right. There was a long line of vehicles in front of me that gradually disappeared from people exiting the highway. When it was my turn I made a conscious effort to go exactly 65 mph regardless of what he did. Every time I came close to passing him, he sped up to get in front again. This went on for several miles. Finally there was a point where my rear bumper passed his front bumper. As soon as that happened he whipped in behind me and lit me up. I rolled my eyes and pulled over properly. When he came to the window he had a lot of attitude in his voice when he said "Are you in a hurry!?". I calmly said "No, I'm not in a hurry at all, and I was under the impressing that it was against the law for you to drive in the left lane unless you were passing.". He stumbled with his words a bit and asked me why I was speeding and said he had me on his dash cam. I told him I wasn't speeding but if he thought I was he could write the ticket and I'd see him in court because that dash cam is going to show him driving in the left lane for several miles without passing. He then said something like "Well, you can go but...". That's all I heard because I drove away as soon as I heard "you can go".

There's always going to be a few jerks out there giving all the good LEOs a bad name. Same goes for regular drivers too.

Mitch B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2010
    indiana
    If you want to drive 10 under or exactly the limit - great, but please use the middle or right lanes. Indiana is the only place I've ever been where people love to do the rolling roadblock by clogging all lanes, including the passing lane. Refuse to move out of the left lane, put-putting along. :rolleyes:

So... you're complaining about people that are obeying the law?? while you are breaking the law?? :dunno:

rby1rby

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Delphi
    I see 2 semis running (side by side) the posted 60mph alot. Sometimes I think they do it just to p%$# people in smaller vehicles off

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So... you're complaining about people that are obeying the law?? while you are breaking the law?? :dunno:
    He's not complaining about people breaking the law. It's against the law to stay in the Left (passing) lane, and that is whats annoying him. This is a huge pet peeve of mine as well, because I drive 5-10mph over on the highway, yes thats right, Im speeding. I always get stuck behind some ******* that goes under or the exact speedlimit in the left lane, right next to a semi in the right. :xmad:
    In fact there was a thread on here a while back for the exact same thing. Another INGO member (cant remember who and dont care) who admitted to getting his kicks from driving the speedlimit in the left lane as much as possible just to tick people like me off. I can honestly say, thats the only time I've ever been so pissed at somebody over the computer... His comeback was you dont need to speed, youre breaking the law, blah blah blah... like its his job to be citizen traffic cop... I wanted to :ar15:

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011

You appear to be misunderstood. People driving at exactly the speed limit or 10 below the speed limit in the passing lane and will not move over are not obeying the rules of the road.

What exact law are you accusing me breaking?

I sure HOPE that you are NOT a police officer or any form of LE.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IC 9-21-8-2
    Roadways; use of right half; exceptions; traveling at reduced speeds
    Sec. 2. (a) Upon all roadways of sufficient width, a vehicle shall be driven upon the right half of the roadway except as follows:
    (1) When overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction under the rules governing overtaking and passing.
    (2) When the right half of a roadway is closed to traffic under construction or repair.
    (3) Upon a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes for traffic under the rules applicable to a roadway divided into three (3) marked lanes.
    (4) Upon a roadway designated and signposted for one-way traffic.
    (b) Upon all roadways, a vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place under the conditions then existing shall be driven:
    (1) in the right-hand lane then available for traffic; or
    (2) as close as practicable to the right-hand curb or edge of the roadway;
    except when overtaking and passing another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or driveway.
    As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.9.

Also,

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/40874-the_left_lane_is_for_passing_no.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/158184-highway_etiquette.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/87065-multi_lane_highway_discussion.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/86588-biggest_pet_peeve.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/63015-driving_pet_peeves.html
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/173322-are_you_that_guy.html

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I followed 2 simis leaving Dayton Oh to Indi In. for 20 miles AT 55 MPH. Then I got an opportunity to jump around on the shoulder.
    I pulled in just in front of him. After about 2 minutes. I stepped on the brake peddle just enough to light up.
    He jammed on his brakes. I shook the hell out of him. He actually pulled off the road.
    When the Simi in the right lane passed me. Left lane driver was flirting with the right lane blonde.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I followed 2 simis leaving Dayton Oh to Indi In. for 20 miles AT 55 MPH. Then I got an opportunity to jump around on the shoulder.
    I pulled in just in front of him. After about 2 minutes. I stepped on the brake peddle just enough to light up.
    He jammed on his brakes. I shook the hell out of him. He actually pulled off the road.
    When the Simi in the right lane passed me. Left lane driver was flirting with the right lane blonde.

You passed a semi on the shoulder and then braked-checked him? Do you have some kind of a death wish? That whole scenario sounds incredibly dangerous and foolish. Glad I wasn't on the road with you. :xmad:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    It helps to leave a little earlier, relax, and go with the flow. life's too short to stress about some lane blockage when everyone is moving along, and will eventually arrive at their destination. Road rage, even in its milder forms is unbecoming. So lets try to take a deep breath, relax, and enjoy the ride. It makes for a much more pleasant day. :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Junior police PLEASE stay in the right lane.

If I'm driving slower than traffic I make sure I'm out of the way so they can pass safely.
    If I'm already doing 65 in a 60 and I see some guy come up on me that
    is obviously going faster than 65 I MOVE OVER OUT OF HIS WAY.

If I come to a stop light and someone wants to make a right turn on red
    I PULL FORWARD so they can make their turn.

Same thing if I'm walking though the grocery store pushing a cartload and
    someone want to get by on the aisle. I don't **** around in front of them.

It is called common courtesy people...... learn it, love it, live it.
    The world does not revolve around your behind no matter how much you believe it does.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

LOL...go visit Iowa. You will see farmers pulling equipment in the left lane.

My favorite are the "farmer Brown corners"........where a farmer will come to a COMPLETE stop, or nearly so, on a major roadway...before turning off of it. that was another problem I observed a lot growing up in Iowa.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i just dont like all these people...theres too many of them..i cant drive anywhere without them being in my way and obeying laws and stuff...i mean wtf?? y cant they all just go away and leave the open roads and ranges to ME..thatd be swell ust fine....fine just fine (i agree with you guys serisously though...some people need to learn how to drive)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    In conversation with folks in general, most feel they have the right to be in any lane they choose. Ask if they understand merge/exit (right lane) or through traffic (center lane) and passing or hammer lane and they get a look akin to deer in the headlights. It is generally not understood. Some use that tactic to empower themselves as self appointed LEO.
    Be careful, drive aware, people suck most everywhere.

Top Bottom