• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When I was a student at IU, Once I drove on SR37 south and at some point I took another road (which I don't remember) toward Louisville. At somepoint on the hill I saw a spectacular outlook of ohio river. I remember there was a small restaurant there. Does anybody know where I'm talking about? I'd like to find place and take my family there.

AGarbers

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Martinsville
    That is the one I was going to say. Funny story about the place. We went down there about late 1990s. The kids were small. My son ordered corn and when it came there was half a corn worm buried in the corn! It looked like the worm had been cut and canned with the corn. Suffice to say it turned him off corn for a while...

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    That is the one I was going to say. Funny story about the place. We went down there about late 1990s. The kids were small. My son ordered corn and when it came there was half a corn worm buried in the corn! It looked like the worm had been cut and canned with the corn. Suffice to say it turned him off corn for a while...
    I had that happen when I was a kid..... it has that effect UGH.

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    I'm thinking the outlook restaurant as well. It could have been some where in Floyds Knobs. There are some beautiful views of the river/city from there as well.

Harry2110

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Indianapolis
    its the overlook just be prepared for a wait of a day if you want to eat there. the avg wait time ive had was almost 6 hours before we stopped going.

Jason R. Bruce

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    /\ /\
    If this isn't a joke... it's the most ridiculously inaccurate post I've seen. 6 hours to eat in Crawford County?! LOL! They could feed the population of the county and have them on their way in 3hrs time! LOL!

I've never heard of anyone waiting for a table at the Overlook but I'm sure it happens on special occasions like wedding parties. I've been there for half a dozen over the years.

The Overlook is directly between my family farm and my inlaw's (8 miles) so we pass through there regularly. We'll eat there a few times a year, the food has improved under the new ownership (18 months?). The view is the main attraction. We were there a month ago for our anniversary and plan to go back again Saturday between visiting our parents. I'll follow up if there's any kind of wait, I'll jump in the river if it's 6 hours! LOL!!!!!

Top Bottom