• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Sandman HD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I'm wanting to buy a new drop leg holster that can clear my belt but not move around a ton on my leg. I've heard the condor one is pretty decent. Anyone know where I can get one?

lester

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    Not sure if this poster is just trying to make it to the classifieds, but I will try and salvage this thread! #WhiteKnight :)

To answer the question about 'drop leg holster' - a couple questions of my own? How will you use the holster? Will you be using it with other tactical gear like a vest or armor? For very serious use, many people will advise to not buy brands like Condor, or UTG, or similar. My company is a Condor dealer, but we recommend against their tactical gear. I do like their clothing and their nylon bags for inexpensive organizers. But people who use gear very ruggedly (as it was meant to be used) have found that brands like Condor don't really hold up well. May I ask where the idea for Condor came from - did you see a model that you liked somewhere? How are you going to use the holster - for Duty, Training, Airsoft, Plinking? Knowing that will be a great way to know how to help with your topic in this thread.

The real benefit of a leg holster is to move the sidearm out of the way when wearing bulky vests and equipment - a traditional belt holster is very difficult to access when wearing body armor. However, many people are able to accomplish this same thing with a 'battle belt' sett-up. The past few years have seen a shift in favor away from leg rigs (with uncomfortable straps or the pistol too low to get at) to belt holsters with a low ride loop. I would recommend at least considering this type of set-up as you consider a new tactical holster. Search this site for Battle Belts and you will find a couple of great threads about setting one up.

Here is a good place to start: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/210756-battle-belts.html

Top Bottom