• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03mustgt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    What exactly do you find wrong with the idea that SWAT is over-used, unjustifiably in many cases, and needlessly puts LE, suspects, and innocents at risk?

With all due respect, your personal experience doesn't mean diddly. I've been in real estate for nearly 10 years and have never sold a million dollar home. Neither has anyone in my office for that matter. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

You chastise me about my experience, but at the same time prove my point. Not every real estate agent sells $1million dollar houses. Not every police department calls a SWAT team out on minor calls.

To be more clear what I find wrong is the portrayal of every police department having a SWAT team and calling them on every call they get. My experience tells me this is not true, however I work at a small department. I also find it wrong to state that police officers are going to steal your money. Sure it happens, but a few instances doesn't make it common place. As I stated I have never seen this happen so my Real World experience tells me this isn't true.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    This makes me sick.

Let me guess, they are on paid leave while they investigate further?

And instead of them serving jail time for robbery/theft, they will at most get fired?

Top Bottom