• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Anybody know where I can get a duck stamp ASAP.. IE tomorrow morning? Been a busy fall - obsessed with deer season = kinda forgot...
    Cabelas or gander have that sort of thing?

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    You can buy the Fed stamp on line.

State should be online as well. Game Bird Habitat stamp is no longer a stamp. Dunno about waterfowl.
    Just checked, you get a "waterfowl privilege" (my guess is that it is same as game bird habitat stamp...........read: no longer a stamp).
    Set up an account and all your valid license/stamps are updated and can be printed on one sheet of paper (no more spine crunching wad o' paper in the wallet).

So for ducks and geese it looks like you need a federal stamp, a state one, reg hunting license, and your HIP number.
    All available on line.

So two pcs of paper LOL.

IIRC state and fed available from some retailers (proly just go online like you would).
    Gander and Cabelas I think safe bets.

Last edited:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    I realized that I could buy an estamp thru a different state, didn't click for me at first. FYI I used Missouri, as it was a direct link without a bunch of fumbling around.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to go today. I've spent about 150 on licenses this year and I've not killed so much as a fish stick! Thanks for everyone's help.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is a HIP number, and what is it used for?

Harvest Information on last years waterfowl.

you call in and answer questions on the types of birds you hunted and if you shot any. Then they give you a number to write down on your license. I think it helps them study migration and to set season limits.

Top Bottom