• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Goosepond Monster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    Ellettsville
    I've heard that getting this done is a waste of money, but I've heard others say it is something that needs to be done every so often. Has anyone here had experience with getting their ducts cleaned?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've never had it done, but it IS a good idea. Kills all the germs up there from when you were sick. Kills anything else too, such as mice.

It can be expensive, but it is a good thing to do.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    We had our house done last year.

The air quality HAS to be better. Our vents were filthy. I know, because I got a good look down each one when I was putting in the hardwood. There were also mice remains in them.

They are spic-n-span now.

I'll have to get the name of the guy that did ours from my wife. He bought the equipment cheap and basically does it for extra cash.

Apparently, there are tentacle things that flail around and break up all the gunk, and then it all gets stucked up. I don't think he had any sanitizing done.

It's good peace of mind if nothing else.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    When I lived in my house (built in 1910), before moving to an apartment, I had it done. The crap that came out of there was amazing. Well worth the cost. If I still lived in a house I'd have it done every year.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    As a former property adjuster for insurance companys, I have had a good bit of experience with duct cleaning. Consequently we had ours cleaned a couple of years ago. The amount of dust, and trash they pulled out of our ducts in a 20 year old house was amazing. They also sprayed a sealant in the ducts. The air quality in our home is noticably improved.
    Don't let them tell you that you need to do this every year, every 5 is good.
    Also if anyone in your home has dust issues like allergies then it should be considered a must do.

Just my opinion

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    For South Indy.

Williams Comfort Air has coupons in the Valpak for duct cleaning. They came out and quoted us for free.

Johnson Heating and Cooling is Dave Ramsey endorsed.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Clean ducts will help prolong the life of your HVAC system as well. Even though you have a filter on your furnace, it's still impacted by dirty ducts.

Top Bottom