Dude .. WE SCORED !! This is better than VEGAS !

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    Three members of KCK Police Department's SWAT Team indicted - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

KCK's SWAT Team is called the SCORE unit .....

Woman Says Her Property Is At Center Of Misconduct Investigation - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

New Details Arise About Sting That Busted KCK Officers - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

Family In KCK Police Internal Investigation Speaks Out - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

Neighbor Reacts To Investigation Of KCK Police - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

Officer Probe Forces Re-Examination Of KCK Cases - KCTV5 - Kansas City News, Weather and Sports

point-break.jpg
    las-vegas.jpg
    VN47846lg.jpg
    878.jpg

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    When anybody in a position of power and authority abuse that power everyone loses. Get these scum out of the uniforms they wear and put them in the uniforms they deserve! I had a swat team neighbor that got busted for shaking down korean gambling parlors, he didn't think they'd drop a dime on him but him and his partners found out the hard way. Scum!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How so? The bad guys are off the street and facing justice. The victims will have to be made whole and society wins. The only loss I see here is for the criminals. Are you on their side or the side of the victims and the law?

While I'm glad that these scumbags are going to get what they deserve, I don't share Duncan's schadenfreude. I see a department embarrassed and humiliated, I see a community fractured, and I see a destruction of trust. The neighborhood will not likely recover from that any time soon and it's going to put lives at risk and it's going to make the jobs of the honest cops that much harder to do. You say the victims will be made whole, but I don't think they will ever regain their trust of the police. No amount of financial compensation will fix that problem.

The actions of these criminals are the reason I say everybody loses.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Wait. A SWAT team was deployed in an effort to recover a stolen XBox?

That's what I was thinking? 6k in damages to a home while serving a search warrant for an XBOX?

:n00b::n00b::n00b::n00b:

All that BS for an allegedly stolen X Box? Really!?

An X Box? Break down the door and tear the place up? Give me a break.

^^^

:+1:

That's what happens when you have a hammer. Everything becomes a nail. What they really need to do is disband their SWAT team and put everyone back on patrol.

Pretty much this ^^ When the only problem solving tool you trust to get the job done is a hammer, all your problems look like nails.

I'm a big fan of our LEO who do the job the way it should be done. Sadly those folks seem to be shrinking in numbers. I recently had a veteran LEO tell me that he wouldn't trust at least 40% of the people he worked with. That's f'ing sad!

I see a department embarrassed and humiliated, I see a community fractured, and I see a destruction of trust. The neighborhood will not likely recover from that any time soon and it's going to put lives at risk and it's going to make the jobs of the honest cops that much harder to do. You say the victims will be made whole, but I don't think they will ever regain their trust of the police. No amount of financial compensation will fix that problem.

:+1:

Duncan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    South of Indy
    While I'm glad that these scumbags are going to get what they deserve, I don't share Duncan's schadenfreude. I see a department embarrassed and humiliated, I see a community fractured, and I see a destruction of trust. The neighborhood will not likely recover from that any time soon and it's going to put lives at risk and it's going to make the jobs of the honest cops that much harder to do. You say the victims will be made whole, but I don't think they will ever regain their trust of the police. No amount of financial compensation will fix that problem.

Schadenfreude ! I had to look that up ... that's great ..! Yes that is correct to a certain degree . If I see people do things that are stupid or improper that brings misery or misfortune to THEMSELVES not to other people but to themselves .
    Then yes I do get a certain amount of gallows humor out of it .

Now as far as any problems or distress that the people of ,
    the KCK Police department ...
    the citizen taxpayer of KCK ,
    the peace officers with in KCK department ,
    and most of all the ALLEGED victims of the SWAT OPERATORS .
    ( Alleged from that aspect that the SWAT OPERATORS accused have the presumption of innocence under the law. )
    That the SWAT OPERATORS may have placed upon them .
    I take no joy or pleasure out of their grief .

Now to make things clear as to my thought process , since it appears that you may have perceived the wrong idea .
    The title I gave , " Dude .. WE SCORED !! This is better than VEGAS ! "
    When men preform acts or are involved in situations that involve risk or danger to themselves and they succeed with maybe a little bit of luck thrown in on their side for good measure . There is usually conversation to the effect of...
    " hay man we made it ! ... Damn that was close . or , Hey dud we scored ! " I've been there and I assume you have too.

I could very easily see these SWAT OPERATORS exchanging words to this very effect . It is a natural event among men .

I want to clear that up . You seem like a real nice guy and being a moderator I want to keep on your good side as you have power and control over me in respect to this forum .

Thank you
    Duncan

Oh PS .
    You're right " The actions of these criminals are the reason I say everybody loses. "
    There were no winners here ... other than the little bit of a joy ride that these Operator may have had for a short time ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHgh2QWOa0Y

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You seem like a real nice guy and being a moderator I want to keep on your good side as you have power and control over me in respect to this forum .

Wow, that wasn't patronizing at all. :rolleyes: Here, I thought we were having a grown-up discussion, but it's clear you're just trying to say whatever you think I want to hear because you think you'll get banned if you don't.

I'm disappointed that you think I'd ever allow my personal feelings to interfere with my job as a staff member here.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom