• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LnCGlock1006

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2014
    Columbus
    I requested a duplicate hand gun carry license a few weeks ago. I know they say it takes 4-6 weeks to receive a new license. Does anyone know about how long it takes to receive a duplicate copy?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I take it that you failed to make the recommend copies, huh?

This time make lots of copies for safe keeping. No, wait, there plastic, but, but ...

Exploding-Head-647.jpg

buddy17

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    United States
    Hmmm....Something is obviously wrong with mine. I paid for mine with an address change on 10/09/14. Cost me $21.42.

Still haven't heard a single thing about it.....

StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I requested a duplicate hand gun carry license a few weeks ago. I know they say it takes 4-6 weeks to receive a new license. Does anyone know about how long it takes to receive a duplicate copy?

I ordered one of the new plastic duplicates on 11/28, and it arrived about a week ago. So, maybe three weeks?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I applied on 10-8-2014.
    Nothing yet

Good to know I'm not the only one still waiting. I wonder if there is a difference in wait time for address time vs simple duplicate plastic copy

Hmmm....Something is obviously wrong with mine. I paid for mine with an address change on 10/09/14. Cost me $21.42.

Still haven't heard a single thing about it.....

Mgderf, I have to ask... did you only do an address change or did you check the box for address change and duplicate hard copy? For address only, you wouldn't have gotten charged. For a duplicate card with the change you would've paid. If it was change only, they don't send you anything but the change will (...should...) be noted on the State Police website. You can look up your status there.

Buddy17, I'm not sure what to tell you brother. You might try checking your status on State Police website as well. If still pending then I guess you wait, but if the changes are noted on the site, it may be worth a phone call. I'm sure people fall through the cracks with as many requests as the state deals with nowadays.

I just made my address change today with a duplicate card request. Here's to hoping for a speedy send back!

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I moved and had to change my address, I faxed a form and it had various check boxes,and one box was change adress but dont get a new license with new address, I dont know how this is going to work if I want to buy a new gun because my gun license address will not match up with new address on drivers license? I live close to state police hdqtrs so I am going over there to talk to them about it.With this box checked I did not have to send any money, BUT I didnt get a any feedback about them getting my faxed form.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I moved and had to change my address, I faxed a form and it had various check boxes,and one box was change adress but dont get a new license with new address, I dont know how this is going to work if I want to buy a new gun because my gun license address will not match up with new address on drivers license? I live close to state police hdqtrs so I am going over there to talk to them about it.With this box checked I did not have to send any money, BUT I didnt get a any feedback about them getting my faxed form.

You dont need a LTCH to buy a gun

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Mgderf, I have to ask... did you only do an address change or did you check the box for address change and duplicate hard copy? For address only, you wouldn't have gotten charged. For a duplicate card with the change you would've paid. If it was change only, they don't send you anything but the change will (...should...) be noted on the State Police website. You can look up your status there.

Buddy17, I'm not sure what to tell you brother. You might try checking your status on State Police website as well. If still pending then I guess you wait, but if the changes are noted on the site, it may be worth a phone call. I'm sure people fall through the cracks with as many requests as the state deals with nowadays.

I just made my address change today with a duplicate card request. Here's to hoping for a speedy send back!

Yes, I checked the box for a duplicate, and affected an address change.
    They charged my card the next day according to my bank records.
    Applied for duplicate and address change on 10-08-2014.
    Received confirmation email of receipt of application and payment the next day. No further communications, no duplicate, nothing...

sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    I applied for mine the first week of October. A week later received the email to call and verify, so I did it. I have called back twice. The first time I was told I needed to contact my local department because it was waiting on them to approve. I called back today and was told that for some reason when I called to verify it was never pushed through the system to queue for printing. So now supposedly it will be here in a month. They are worse than dealing with the federal government.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom