• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tryin'

Victimized
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So I got in a little standoff the other morning and realized that I NEED a sling for my Remington 870. (14" barrel, SGA stock, Surefire forend)

I have not ever used a single point, so no opinion on that. Needs to be quickly slung and unslung/made ready.

Side note, it also has me thinking of going back to a pistol grip stock. The SGA is very comfortable shooting, but the wrist angle sucks for low ready... Hopefully a sling would take enough weight off of the wrist so as to be a bit more comfortable. Yeah I'm being a bit of a weenie, but after 40 minutes I was feeling it.

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    I've got an SOE single point bungee sling on my Benelli Supernova w/pistol grip on my work gun.

If you don't like the single point sling point strategy they also make two to one point conversion or straight two point slings, all in the bungee variety.

They are tough as hell and the bungee is nice if you want to let it hang for a minute. I've been there, the stand offs and perimeters suck with long guns. I switch the same sling between my rifle and shotgun depending on the situation and I have zero complaints with it.

If you do order from them put your department, unit number, and phone number in the comment section of the order and they'll expedite your order.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thank you Sheepdogs... You are appreciated.

I have one experience with SOE, and yes, DEFINITELY play the blue card and get the rush. They can be pretty slow since a lot of their stuff is made to order. My belt arrived slowly, but it was made well.

GlockRock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    When I had a shotgun issued to me, I had an Urban ERT sling that I attached with an adapter plate. I could switch between my rifle and shotgun with ease.
    New guys came along and cried about not having a shotty so I gave mine up.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm not a duty guy, but I certainly appreciate the advice passed along. :ingo:

As a citizen, I like easily acquirable gear that is quick to replace or add to. I use MS3 Magpul slings and mounts that interchange between rifle and shotgun for that reason. Both are set up to change from single point to two point as needed and each has it's own dedicated sling.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I've got an SOE single point bungee sling on my Benelli Supernova w/pistol grip on my work gun.

If you don't like the single point sling point strategy they also make two to one point conversion or straight two point slings, all in the bungee variety.

They are tough as hell and the bungee is nice if you want to let it hang for a minute. I've been there, the stand offs and perimeters suck with long guns. I switch the same sling between my rifle and shotgun depending on the situation and I have zero complaints with it.

If you do order from them put your department, unit number, and phone number in the comment section of the order and they'll expedite your order.

+1 I use SOE single/double convertible slings on my long guns and I really like them. I have one on my shotgun in its double point configuration.

TheHive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    I use a limbsaver sling,it is on clearance at walmart for $11 I really like to rubber and it does not move around or slide off the shoulder.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    Regardless of the long gun, I like the convertible (single to two point) slings. Single point for manipulations, two point if you are carry the long gun on the sling for awhile.

Top Bottom