• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I have a Galco gun belt that is a kinda swade ,that is light tan, and I'd like to dye it black. Anyone know if the dye they sell at say Wally World would work on leather or do I need something special?
    Thanks Kenny

jmb79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Wyoming
    This is not meant as smart aleck comment but, is this WalMart dye to which you refer labeld "leather dye?" I'd be willing to bet that a product that is intended for use on leather would be labled as such. Anything not labled as leather dye probably will not work.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You're going to want to use real leather dye, not knock offs like Rit Dye. Find a local hobby store or a Tandy leather shop near you (there's one in Speedway, as I recall). You can also order it online from Tandy. It's not a hard process, I redye my belt every year or so, just to keep it looking OK.

Tandy Leather Factory - Leathercraft and Leather Craft Supplies

There are also groups who get together to do leather work that might be of assistance in finding supplies locally.

A quick look says there's also one in Merrilville.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have a Galco gun belt that is a kinda swade ,that is light tan, and I'd like to dye it black. Anyone know if the dye they sell at say Wally World would work on leather or do I need something special?
    Thanks Kenny

If you get it from Wally world make sure it says dye. I just bought some a few weeks ago that said it was touch up, it did not work very well for what I wanted. I was trying to dye a pair of boots. So I went to Tandy leather goods in speedway and got the good stuff, that was cheaper than Wally worlds stuff. Go figure!

Top Bottom