• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Anyone have any suggestions on good fishing spots out on the lake?

I went out this evening with a buddy, both have not fished in a while and figured although it was so hot, we would go out and throw a few lines. I haven't been out there in a good 10 years so we were driving around looking for a spot to stop and ended up pulling into I believe Eagles Crest? Right off 56th st, west side of the bridge....

Pulled in, several cars in the lot, a few occupied with what I would consider "sketchy" looking people up to no good, just sitting in their cars. The ground was littered with trash every where and there were several MS 13 taggings spray painted on trees/signs etc. Felt like I was putting myself in a good situation to be mugged or robbed. Needless to say we spent about 10 minutes there before we said screw this and went into the park.

SO, with that being said, any one have any good spots on the lake to fish? Has anyone ever rented a canoe or pontoon out there?

Thanks!

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I park there by the road, not in the back where people park and sit. The first time I went there I felt the same as you, but parking by the road I never had a problem. I will spend 2-4 hours down there sometimes.

I walk east toward the bridge on 56th and cross the guard rail to fish the bank that runs the north shore of 56th and work my way to the bridge. I also fish the north east corner of the bridge. The old timers that fish there do well.

I have caught a few bass, white/hybird bass and crappie. I have also seen walleye pulled from there.

If you fish the bridge get a slip bobber and some minnows. Fish deep as the water depth under around the bridge is about 23-25 foot. Watch the bottom shore line by the bridge it has tons of rocks to snag hooks that drag the bottom.

At the park I fish at the marina where they rent the boats, it isnt bad but gets crowded. just north of the marina there is a path that runs along the wather that I think starts by lilly lake. I seen it from the boat, it has trash cans along it and people were fishing all along the shore. I havent been back to explore. I need to get the fishing gear and wagon and head out but my schedule has been crazy the last few weeks.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Yup, we should have parked right at the entrance, 22rsix. Not sure if I'll go back to that spot but if I do then I'll choose my parking wiser!

Top Bottom