• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    I am currently sourcing parts for my first AR build and came across this website with rifle kits from Eagle Lite Inc. I searched the forum and didn't find much of anything on this website or rifle brand so does anyone have any experience or thoughts? A couple of the parts say "made in the USA," but most don't. This definitely looks like it fits the mantra of "too go to be true", but I also don't want to not consider this site if it is decent. My AR will be primarily for plinking and will fall in to the "entry-level" category.

http://outdoorsportsusa.com/t/rifle-kit

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I bought a pistol lower kit from them. Came with lpk, pistol buffer, tube and spring. Im very happy with the parts. Quality made in my opinion. Trigger is good too once assembled. For a budget build i love it. I believe i paid 69.99 for the enhanced kit. No complaints here

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    For the price I'd go to psa and check out their daily deals. They've got some complete kits, minus lower receiver, for 400-500 bucks.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    Thanks for the input. I've had my eye on PSA for awhile, but I really like the aesthetics of the Eagle Lite kits. The prices are good on both sites so I may get something from both and swap back and forth or buy another lower.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    I've been seeing the eagle kites being advertised but I haven't seen any reviews on them. And I think they're new to the market. I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    I pulled the trigger and went with a PSA MOE Freedom rifle kit with melonite barrel. Bought it last Tuesday night when it was listed as a daily deal and got it today. Very impressed with their speed and the quality looks awesome. Can't wait for the INGO lowers to come in!

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I see a lot of "tacticool" in the Eagle kits, and no reviews or experience to back up the quality. Backwards bipods and sights, magwell grips, fake suppressors, etc would make me head a different direction. PSA might not be tier 1 "operator" quality, but at least you know you're getting solid parts from a company that has a documented track record. If something is wrong, 99 time out of 100 they will make it right.

wildcatze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville
    That was my thought the more I looked around and read the various threads on AR builds. I would rather get something that will work well and last than buy something just because it looks cool. In the end pretty much all ARs look cool anyways.

Top Bottom