• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Since I recently started going to the range, I've been using the cheapo in ear plugs for protection. Are there any brands that are active over the ear protection that I should look at? I'm not sure what brand or certain model I should be looking for.

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Thank you! A good review. The Howard Leight earmuffs seem to be a logical route for me. Despite them being a little bit large, they worked well tho correct?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    The Howard Leight earmuffs seem to be a logical route for me. Despite them being a little bit large, they worked well tho correct?

They worked as advertised, though they are the less desirable clipping technology. But if they're your gateway drug, go for it. I know several INGOers who use them and report really liking them.

bradmedic04

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 24, 2013
    NWI
    I have the Howard Leights. Nothing wrong with them. I'm quite happy with the purchase. I got mine off Amazon prime.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And if you want good traditional plugs, the surefire EP series are nice, comfy and cheap.

And nothing ing wrong with putting the "rubber bullets" in your ears. They work just as well and are comfy. No shame in foam.

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    I normally double up with my buddies pair of active earmuffs and a the rubber bullets inside. I did end up getting the howard leights. I received them today and have not been able to take them to the range yet but I did try them one and they seem to fit pretty well.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    The performance of electronic hearing protection, to me, appears to be directly proportional to the cost. I started with Peltor then upgraded to Sordin. Out of curiosity I purchased a set of Howard Leighst for my brother-in-law just to see how they performed compared to my Peltor and Sordin units since so many people were pleased with Howard Leights. There is definitely a difference in sound cut off, sound reproduction (quality), stereo quality and comfort as you move up in money spent. As always, purchase what you are comfortable with money wise...

pat102ko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    Westfield
    Since I'm just starting out and would prefer to put money into a handgun and accessories, the price point of the howard leights were appealing. Whenever I get to the range next, I will be sure to let y'all know what I think of them. they seemed to work pretty well with my surround sound turned up, but of course thats not nearly as loud of a gunshot.

Top Bottom