• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    On Saturday, I was going to eat lunch with my grandpa. While driving through town, he pulled into the local gun shop and told me he wanted to look at a pistol he had been looking at. My grandpa has been a deer hunter his entire life, but he just recently lost his wife of 44 years. He told me he wanted to get a pistol for home defense, so I figured that is what we were going to look at. Once inside, he heads over to the case and points out a Taurus 85 Ultralite in SS that he said he liked. Little did I know that he had already purchased one for himself. He then told me that this one was mine, if I liked it! I insisted that he did not need to do this, but he told me that before my grandma passed away, they talked about getting me a pistol this coming Christmas. This little Taurus has more meaning to me than any other gun than I will ever own, and I truly feel lucky for having such a great family this holiday season.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    That is truly a touching story. Thank you for sharing!

I think you need some pics with the twins and you and your grandfather! Keep the memory alive buddy.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    That's an awesome story my friend. My Dad bought me a limited edition Coast Guard 92FS. That is one gun that I would not trade for anything in the World.

dpzj96

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    ECI
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I was just as shocked as one could be. Here I was thinking we were going to lunch. Instead I came home with a .38 special (my first revolver I might add). We did end up going to lunch, and I told him I owed him lunch any time he ever wanted it haha.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    :rockwoot: Awesome!!! Congrats, great gun I love mine and it doesn't have the meaning that yours does. Enjoy and now the two of you can go shooting together! :D

FERLACH

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    Plainfield
    My Mother and Father bought me a savage single shot 22 when I was 16. I am 66 years old and still have that gun. 50 years and it still looks brand new.

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    On Saturday, I was going to eat lunch with my grandpa. While driving through town, he pulled into the local gun shop and told me he wanted to look at a pistol he had been looking at. My grandpa has been a deer hunter his entire life, but he just recently lost his wife of 44 years. He told me he wanted to get a pistol for home defense, so I figured that is what we were going to look at. Once inside, he heads over to the case and points out a Taurus 85 Ultralite in SS that he said he liked. Little did I know that he had already purchased one for himself. He then told me that this one was mine, if I liked it! I insisted that he did not need to do this, but he told me that before my grandma passed away, they talked about getting me a pistol this coming Christmas. This little Taurus has more meaning to me than any other gun than I will ever own, and I truly feel lucky for having such a great family this holiday season.
    My guess is that Saturday trip meant as much to your grandfather as it did to you. It's hard to explain, but you understand when you're the "Papaw". :)
    I'm also guessin' thats a long way off for you.

Top Bottom