Ebay: Order I didn't Order, Item Delivered - but wasn't - Account shows nothing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I did not order anything from Ebay, nor have I in almost a year....started getting emails:

Received email about order and another about order shipping, forwarded both to spoof@ebay.com
    Ebay reset my Password.
    I was able to update my Password, my account shows no orders in last 6-months (I rarely use Ebay anymore).

Investigating the emails, without clicking any links:
    Fedex shows item was delivered, but I don't have anything, nor does doorbell camera show a delivery.
    Seller does exist in ebay, 0-feedback.
    I've checked my CC and PayPal account, nothing has been taken out.
    Item ID in email (copy and pasted, DID not click any links) is legit, it's same item. (Again, I never ordered).
    Tried inputting order # in the "my order never showed up" and it's not a good order #.

Anybody have similar issue? Should I just ignore it, but keep close eye on accounts?
    Already changed password on PayPal, and Ebay kind of forced it, when they reset my password.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It sounds similar to a scam I’ve been receiving for the past couple of months.
    I keep getting emails thanking me for my (non-existent) Norton security subscription order for almost $400.

It says if this transaction is an error to call an 800 number where they probably ask you for your credit card or bank info.

Ignore these emails, they are phishing.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I get the subscription scam attempt as well. Sometimes they are an automated landline phone message that says my subscription will be renewed for x amount unless I call this number and opt out. I've never been charged for anything.

Theses scamming POS are relentless. The only way they win is if they can sucker people into responding to their scam.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Ordered some targets off eBay. Delivered by Amazon Prime. A day after delivery got the email of delivery. The package had another last name after my full name. The package had the targets I ordered and a roll of smaller targets. Three days later I get an email my package has been delivered, but none were delivered to my house. I feel someone is missing a roll of small targets.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    It sounds similar to a scam I’ve been receiving for the past couple of months.
    I keep getting emails thanking me for my (non-existent) Norton security subscription order for almost $400.

It says if this transaction is an error to call an 800 number where they probably ask you for your credit card or bank info.

Ignore these emails, they are phishing.
    We've been getting that same one as well. They're like that socially awkward coworker that won't shut up. Ignore them and they eventually just go away.

Top Bottom