• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2010
    West Baden, IN
    I'm looking to buy, either new or used a scope for my .223 bolt rifle. I'd like something that had magnification up to around x20. I know that will increase the price.
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    POC

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I really don't have any that are good. That old saying of spend as much as you can is true.

However, my buddy shoots with a Barska, and it tracks true out to 800 yards so far. That is real tracking to 800 yards. Not tracking it on a piece of paper at 100 yards. He has the 10-40 model.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I'd also recommend a Tasco Varmint 6-24x42mm, decent optics for the money.

Thankfully optic technology has been getting better, while also getting cheaper, the old adage of spend at least as much on the optics as you did the rifle is becoming outdated.

These days you can get relatively pretty decent glass without breaking the bank.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I have a Bushnell Banner and have been very happy with it. It's a good scope and they are reasonably priced.

I have a Bushnell Banner 3-9x50mm "Dusk & Dawn" red/green illuminated that I really like, I haven't played with the higher magnification Bushnell Banners though, how clear are they when they are cranked up?

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Falcon Menace, Sight Wonders, and Super Sniper might be some options that will fit your requirements and budget.

If you want a Front Focal Plane, go for the Falcon Menace

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Bushnell Banner 3-9x50mm "Dusk & Dawn" red/green illuminated that I really like, I haven't played with the higher magnification Bushnell Banners though, how clear are they when they are cranked up?

Mine is a 3x9x40. I have played with the higher powered scopes in the shops. They appear to be pretty damn clear to me. I have been eying a 4x16x40 with the red/green illumination for my next rifle. Depending on what rifle I go with.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    .223 optics

A year or so ago, I put together a economical bolt action .223 for a truck/coyote gun that I didn't need to worry about beating up. I bought a new Stevens 200 in .223 and added Burris XTR Tactical bases and rings. For glass I went with a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50. Great scope for the money. Its clear and the 50mm objective has great light gathering in lower light.

Top Bottom