• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    Hey did you all know you can carry handguns in Ecuador?

Yup it's true, all you have to do is be a criminal and belong to a very violent gang and you too can carry your 45 tucked into the front of your waist band. Nobody will stop you either cause they know if you try they will just shoot you.

I know this cause I was just in Ecuador and I watched as people walked and traveled in fear.

One bus we were on a policeman and his family were heading to Guayaguil and he took the time to advise me to take my wedding ring off, hide my cash in my socks, what to do if the bandito's came on board. He said he wouldn't mess with them and he was no 110 lb Ecuadorian.

Of course if you were a law abiding citizen you can't carry one, no that is to dangerous, you can have one in your home because criminals only attack people when they are home. Of course they are so bold that they know some people have guns in their home they come in 8-10 gang members at a time and shoot you if you make any sudden moves.

It makes my heart so happy when I know the liberal back home are trying to make the criminals feels like they are able to do as they wish just like is Ecuador. I mean complying with all those wonderful UN objectives on small arms have really helped the average citizen be more safe and secure!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I suspect most American criminals will just make do with the circumstances here, thank you very much.

Even if they do get shot/detained by the odd citizen carrying.

Plus they would have to learn Spanish. (Maybe if the DOC had classes in Spanish, along with the GED?)

msd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Princeton
    Hasn't anyone figured out the UN plan? Demoralize and criminalize the avg law abiding citizen, so that way they can collect fines from the criminal.

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Hey did you all know you can carry handguns in Ecuador?

Yup it's true, all you have to do is be a criminal and belong to a very violent gang and you too can carry your 45 tucked into the front of your waist band. Nobody will stop you either cause they know if you try they will just shoot you.

I know this cause I was just in Ecuador and I watched as people walked and traveled in fear.

One bus we were on a policeman and his family were heading to Guayaguil and he took the time to advise me to take my wedding ring off, hide my cash in my socks, what to do if the bandito's came on board. He said he wouldn't mess with them and he was no 110 lb Ecuadorian.

Of course if you were a law abiding citizen you can't carry one, no that is to dangerous, you can have one in your home because criminals only attack people when they are home. Of course they are so bold that they know some people have guns in their home they come in 8-10 gang members at a time and shoot you if you make any sudden moves.

It makes my heart so happy when I know the liberal back home are trying to make the criminals feels like they are able to do as they wish just like is Ecuador. I mean complying with all those wonderful UN objectives on small arms have really helped the average citizen be more safe and secure!

The thing that is really sad is this does not surprise me in the least. As a young man myself and a few buddies feeling adventurist decided it would be cool to take a bus from Nogales to Mexico City. We were given the same advice about our valuables, the concern however was of the Federalis I dont know if they were actually government officials because they turned out to be teenage kids with AK-47 that stopped and did a walk through of the bus. They didn't actually mess with us they just walked through thank God. It was scary, I pretended to be asleep LOL...

Top Bottom