• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I just ordered a maxpedition gtg and their concealment holster. I am planning on setting it up as an edc or active shooter bag. I plan on having a small trauma kit in it as well as a gun of some sort w/ ammo and possibly a 20rd ar mag or two. multi tool will probably be thrown in as well. unfortunately i cant go with a bigger bag since it will spend a lot of time in my work locker and its already packed with work junk. Any ideas of extra doodads to throw in to help in a oh $h17 moment?

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I am planning on doing something similar soon... I'll be getting some medical training soon and at that point I'll have a bag set up for it. I'll also have a carbine and some extra pistol mags for my edc. It'll basically be a med bag with a gun is my plan. I'm sure I'll keep bottled water and come snacks in it and maybe a few other useful things. I'm considering using one of the Canae backpacks. I liked a maxpedition that I looked at but I can get the Canae which seems of better quality for less money I think.

I've been using another back pack for some junk right now, but it's not well suited for what I want. After many of the accidents I've come upon and a friend of mine with some of the ways he's been able to help people, I'm sure I'll have way more opportunities to use medical training than I'll ever have to use a gun. But it's kinda cool to keep a sweet gun in a backpack in all honesty...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For an active shooter situation I would plan on having more medical gear than ammo.
    If you have a "small trauma kit" and more room in your bag then I would upgrade to a larger trauma kit.
    You can't have too many pressure dressings or tourniquets.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    yep left out the light. I wear one on my belt and my gun has one as well but I will be adding one to the bag, probably a streamlight polytac. I keep a bigger trauma kit on my flc that I keep in my vehicle it has 3 cats in it and enough chest seals for 4 through and through gun shot wounds and a bunch of other cool med stuff. for the bag I figured gloves, quikclot, Israeli bandages, a cat or 2, gauze and a few other odds and ends and if I need more I can try to get to my vehicle to retrieve my big kit. Something I hadn't thought of was brought up by one of my MP buddies. He said a lot of them carry door wedges to lock a door or prop one open so I may grab a couple of those. And possibly a resqme tool hanging off of the strap.

edit: i also bought medical supplies to keep in the first aid cabinets at work and i bought my boss hemostatic agents and a couple TQs to keep in his office.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Bfish, I have used my medical stuff several times in fact i just had to use my kit on friday night on my way home from work. But i work in a shady area with guys that are sketchier than an etch a sketch so i think the gun is needed. We have had a couple guys threaten us as well so i try to stay prepared to protect my friends.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Well as it sits now (and this will change in a few days) the contents are
    1911 and spare mag
    pocket knife, tdi knife clipped on the outside and a leatherman wave
    rite in the rain note pad w/ pen and pencil
    lighter
    just a small trauma kit by quikclot that will be replaced when i get my bigger kit back from a buddy
    2 CATs and an israeli
    my radio, igr ID, and dog tags
    and because it is also just an edc bag i have head phones, a charger and since im re-reading "on combat" i threw that in there too

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I carry a L.A. Police gear patrol bag every day. Stuck a light, pen, butt wipes, med kit I put together, knife, lighter, kleenex, zip lock bogs, lip balm, all kinds of good stuff. It's my man purse. Wonder how I ever lived without it. Nice to be prepared.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I agree with Sylvain that in an active-murderer/terrorist situation there will be a real need for 1st-aid for a lot of people. You might not be able to carry enough bandages&tourniquets.
    As for weaponry, You might be better off packing a full size pistol tricked out with a red-dot sight, laser, light, etc, and lots of extra mags in your bag. Gabe Suarez made an interesting point in one of his blogs, that having a rifle will get the LEOs to perceive you as the terrorist

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I agree with Sylvain that in an active-murderer/terrorist situation there will be a real need for 1st-aid for a lot of people. You might not be able to carry enough bandages&tourniquets.
    As for weaponry, You might be better off packing a full size pistol tricked out with a red-dot sight, laser, light, etc, and lots of extra mags in your bag. Gabe Suarez made an interesting point in one of his blogs, that having a rifle will get the LEOs to perceive you as the terrorist

Yep a pistol is probably more realistic unless you carry a rifle with you, on your person, all the time.
    If you're at the mall and someone starts shooting people you won't have time to go to the parking lot to go get your rifle in your car.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I keep an AR in my vehicle with 90 rounds and i keep 90 more in my locker. As soon as my buddy gets back from his hunting trip i will get my medium sized trauma kit back and it will replace the small one i have in it now. I decided to stick my tp9sf w/ tlr1 in the bag instead on my 9mm 1911 just because for the weight of the 1911 im not getting that many rounds (10). Still need to pick up a resqme or a spring punch for window popping.

This is all on top of the 2 guns and a CAT that i carry at work and the 3 guns i carry when im off work.

this may seem excessive but we have had 2 murders literally across the street from my workplace and some of my coworkers are kinda shady. We also get threats called in from time to time from guys that got fired or laid off

CplThemo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2016
    Indianapolis
    If you haven't already, training on how to use that med equipment would be invaluable. Speaking of which, does anyone know of a place near Indianapolis that offers classes like that?

Top Bottom