• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Ok, I've been carrying my Bersa Thunder iwb at the small of my back. Now what I'm wondering is should I carry my knife (esee Izula) on my strong side, or my weak side for for some reason my strong side becomes wounded. Right now I've been carrying strong side, but I'm not sure it makes sense to have two weapons on one side... Please advise.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think if I were doing what you're doing, and only carrying one knife, I'd put it from about 10-2, in front, because if you ever need something fast or are under pressure, you won't get to your pistol. In front, accessible to either hand.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    In small of back is not a recommended place to carry. For the reason if you fall during a fight onto your back, you could damage your spine to the point of being paralyzed.
    Even if not, how are you going to reach the gun laying on your back.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Yes that makes sense, although I'm a bit tubby so 10/2 would be fairly uncomfortable.

Izula is tiny. You'd hardly notice it. You could neck it, depending on your manner of dress, etc.

since you put it into play... You describe yourself as tubby, but you're comfy with the idea that you can get your gun quickly from sob?

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I carry a knife on my left side. Most things like my phone is on my left side so nothing gets in the way. My life is on my left so if someone grabs my gun and I am fighting him, I would reach for my knife

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    I'm not tubby as in 5'6 280..... I am 6'3 260. I'd like to think I could get my gun from sob in a situation, heck I run drills daily on it. It is also one of the reasons I carry a knife. But now you guys got me thinking...

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    I carry a knife on my left side. Most things like my phone is on my left side so nothing gets in the way. My life is on my left so if someone grabs my gun and I am fighting him, I would reach for my knife
    As I understand this. You are right handed, and you carry your knife weak side.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I'm not tubby as in 5'6 280..... I am 6'3 260. I'd like to think I could get my gun from sob in a situation, heck I run drills daily on it. It is also one of the reasons I carry a knife. But now you guys got me thinking...

Well, that's the good part, thinking, and testing it. Test it in the worst case scenarios and see if you can get it, and put it into play. With an opponent who isn't cooperating and being nice. Either you'll be more confident and practiced, or you'll find out in training, when you only lose a little sweat and pride, that you need to make a change. Everyone is different, but I'd put my money on the latter outcome. I can't imagine sob for my primary gun, personally, but if it really works for you, go for it.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    As I understand this. You are right handed, and you carry your knife weak side.

I don't see my right and left hands as weak or strong. That's mentally making you think your other hand isn't as strong as your other hand. The hand that I hold my gun is my weapon hand and my other hand is the reaction hand because it reacts to things when my other hand grabs my gun. If I switch hand from right to left, my left hand now becomes my weapon hand. Same with the knife. The reason it is on the left side is not because my left hand is weaker but because of what I grab if my right hand is busy.

marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Ok I get that, but myself in particular cannot shoot as effectively with my right hand, as with my left, not to mention I am left eye dominate as well. So when I say strong side, weak side I'm talking about which hand you shoot better with, not strength.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I am right hand / eye dominant. My EDC firearm is IWB around 4-5 o'clock. My EDC folder is on my right side, either in a back pocket,a cargo pocket, or the bottom of my front pocket, depending on the pants I'm wearing. I just picked up a 2nd, smaller, fixed blade TDI / Ka-Bar Small Law Enforcement knife to my 9 o'clock position, between my cell phone (9:30-10) and spare mags (7-8 o'clock).

Not sure if this helps answer your question, but that's my EDC setup.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    I carry 3 knives. 1 in left pocket, 1 clipped in right pocket and 1 clipped in my waistline at 1 o'clock. My gun on my right side at 3 or 4 O'clock depending on what I'm wearing. Extra Mag in left pocket or left side waistband.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom