• ...and so much more!
  • Do you Switch your carry weapon?

• Total voters

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Same gun all the time (XDs 9mm) unless in bear country. Then a .357 or .44. But I do have both OWB and IWB holsters for my EDC, and I try to practice using both.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Depends on the situation. I can't exactly carry a full size 1911 around in deep concealment.

Full Size 1911 for days when I want to swing my $&@:
    Lightweight Bobtail Commander for days when I don't.
    J frame for days I can't carry a gun
    Glock for fishing or air travel. Because if TSA steals my stuff or I fall off the boat I don't want lose a good gun. :D

Awesome answer. I lol'ed.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    For work I carry a Sig 226. Off duty I carry a glock 19. Also my bug gun in work car is also a sig 226

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I do switch carry guns once in a while and it's generally after I take a couple to the range and find that I'm shooting one better than the others for some reason. If that performance holds up over a second range trip, I'll consider carrying that gun. Typically, I carry a 1911 of some sort but have been trying to focus on only one lately. I shoot a Glock 23 almost as well as I shoot a compact 1911, so that is carried sometimes too. I keep a log of what I carry and find that I tend to carry 1911s from August until January. In Feb and March, I carry CZs. It's 1911s again in April, but then Glocks from May to July. I have no reason for that pattern. It's just what seems to happen. But, this year I'm trying to commit to the 1911 platform since that's what works best for me. There's a lot of dry fire practice with LaserLyte cartridges all year, so nothing gets carried without a lot of practice first.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I do switch carry guns once in a while and it's generally after I take a couple to the range and find that I'm shooting one better than the others for some reason. If that performance holds up over a second range trip, I'll consider carrying that gun. Typically, I carry a 1911 of some sort but have been trying to focus on only one lately. I shoot a Glock 23 almost as well as I shoot a compact 1911, so that is carried sometimes too. I keep a log of what I carry and find that I tend to carry 1911s from August until January. In Feb and March, I carry CZs. It's 1911s again in April, but then Glocks from May to July. I have no reason for that pattern. It's just what seems to happen. But, this year I'm trying to commit to the 1911 platform since that's what works best for me. There's a lot of dry fire practice with LaserLyte cartridges all year, so nothing gets carried without a lot of practice first.

It's because you don't want @$$ sweat all over your 1911. I can't explain the whole CZ thing in February and March.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... As to putting a round within 3" of your child's head....I'd say there was a failure at situational awareness in the first place and you are watching too much TV.

That is an understandable statement from one who considers a .380 adequate for their daily self defense. ;)

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That is an understandable statement from one who considers a .380 adequate for their daily self defense. ;)

bwf, He promised never to post in one of my threads again. Please, don't draw him in, please. Let him stay under the bridge!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As of this post 61 0f 91, or 66% basically have the same EDC.

Composite of Same EDC, same platform, and bug and so far.

That is close to what I thought from reading here for a few years. There are still a lot of members to hear from and this is a permanent poll.

Top Bottom