• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    I filed a form 1 through my trust for an sbr on 1/31/2015. I was under the impression that the wait would be about 30 days. I had not heard anything as of Friday 3/6/2015 so I asked the experts on the eforms website and was told wait time would be about 3-4 months. anyone have any experience with trust form 1's on an eform?

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    I filed on February 1st and was hoping it would be back by now. From what I'm seeing in the NFA timelines thread it seems to be 5-6 weeks now.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I did four e-file form 1's in the several months before Christmas. All of those came back almost exactly at 30 days. I now have another e-file in process for an AOW and I'm sitting at six weeks waiting as of today.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Yeah, I'm at 5 weeks on mine now. My previous two were a 28 and 30 days respectively. I guess the secret is out and their efile guys are getting swamped... or maybe they pulled some of those guys to work on the paper forms to get the wait time down on those.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Approved today. Filed on jan. 22.

I filed Feb 2.

Well, looks like a couple more weeks then. That's okay, I'm going on vacation this Friday and will be out of town for a week. So, I have a bit of time before I'll be able to get to the range next anyway.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Let me blow your mind....I was at Acme on Monday buying a Liberty Mystic and a guy in there was picking up his LWRC SBR. Paper form, returned in 30 days. I do believe it was a trust, but that's pretty damn fast for a paper form.

I have a Form 1 on a trust that is there now-filed on 2/25 and I'm sending off my Form4 for the Mystic today, via trust.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Let me blow your mind....I was at Acme on Monday buying a Liberty Mystic and a guy in there was picking up his LWRC SBR. Paper form, returned in 30 days. I do believe it was a trust, but that's pretty damn fast for a paper form.

I have a Form 1 on a trust that is there now-filed on 2/25 and I'm sending off my Form4 for the Mystic today, via trust.

Don't count on that being the norm. Some stuff does somehow make it through quickly, but I'm not sure what the magic formula is (other than luck) to make it happen. My last paper form came back in 90 days, getting the stamp at the end of December. I have a feeling the one I have in process now won't be that quick.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Don't count on that being the norm. Some stuff does somehow make it through quickly, but I'm not sure what the magic formula is (other than luck) to make it happen. My last paper form came back in 90 days, getting the stamp at the end of December. I have a feeling the one I have in process now won't be that quick.

Trust me I have no illusions that is the norm. My last can was just shy of a year before approved.

Be nice though if this time around if the time frame was a bit faster.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I posted my info in the timelines sticky, but thought I would update here as well. I just got the approval email this morning for an e-file form 1 that I submitted on Jan 25. So almost exactly seven weeks. A little longer than what I experienced last Fall but still not bad. I got the email today and the form showed approval as today's date so it looks like they are working Saturdays . . .

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    I got my Eform'd F1 for SBR in a trust back in about 40 days. 1/19 to 3/4. They are surely getting the wait times down. I'm pretty sure the jump in time was due to tax season as the other guy I work with got his SBR stamp for his PS90 back in 33 days.

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    A lot of people are filing a form 1 because they had a Sig brace, didn't like the ATFs recent stance and decided they'd SBR it.

I would probably agree with you on that stance as I've heard quite a lot of scuttlebutt around the gun shop of people doing similar. I kind of had a feeling that it would eventually lead to it so I didn't even do a pistol build. Opting for an SBR from the beginning saved me a lot of heartache. As expensive as it was I went with the Troy PDW stock and I like it. I did shim it slightly to further remove a slight bit of wobble, but otherwise it's great. The whole SBR is shorter than a 14.5 upper and that's with a 10in 300 blk barrel!!!!!

DocJekyll

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    T.H.
    That's awesome! Mine isn't that compact but I do like how my 10.5" suppressed SBR is shorter than a friends pinned/welded 14.5" AR.

I've been pretty impressed with mine so far. I did recently change the brakes on both uppers though to the SilencerCo ASR Specwar brake. Gotta be able to mate my suppressor to it once it's out of ATF jail. Even with the suppressor on it, it's still under 29in long. As configured in the pic, it's only 22.8in.

Top Bottom