Electability... who can capture the 'minority' vote best in the GOP?Snoop says..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    PROFANITY WARNING
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcIRwyJE-GY[/ame]

Looks like Ron Paul just got a shout out from yet another heavy hitter in the music industry lol.

I'm not a rap fan, but if I was I'd buy a snoop dog track... :rockwoot:

Last edited by a moderator:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Can Snoop Dog vote in California or is he disqualified?:dunno:

What does Snoop Dog think of the newsletters?
    I believe his voting right were reinstated.

Snoop could give a poop about the news letters. I saw something along the lines of "I have people do stuff under my name all the time, doesn't mean I see or read all of it".

ABC news is picking up on the story-
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/snoop-dogg-for-ron-paul/

Kelly Clarkson, Vince Vaugn, Barry Manalow, Joe Regan, Jon Popper... it's a popularity contest right?

Young urban 'yoot' as Rush would call them will listen to Snoop dog over nancy pelosi or harry reid, lol.

Muhahahahahaha....

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You can bet Obama and The Media would make enormous hay out of the newsletters.

Hollywood and Popular Culture support would wither in the face of so much fire.

However, it does demonstrate how fed up people are.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The newsletters are a nonstarter compared to the the so-called frontrunners dirty laundry. If that's the worst they can pull up then Paul would stand a much better chance than either of the other two. Think Gingrich or Romney are going to pull minority votes? Not a chance in hell of that happening.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Besides, da Snoop likes his Kronik... :D just sayin'...

Please don't construe this as me being anti-RP.... I'm not. Snoop on the other hand - promotes a lifestyle that I cannot condone.

Ditto for Willie Nelson - although Willie gets points for not promoting violence. They have the RIGHT to do what they please. Whether I think that it's the right thing to do or not, well - different story.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The newsletters are really vile. No way anyone, regardless of ethnicity, will not be impacted by what was in those.

That is just silly Kirk. If you are looking for a reason, that's the best you can come up with. Likewise anyone looking for a reason, will have to choose this, because they have nothing else.

Comparing this to obamas church and 'pastor', Paul wins easily.

Get over it. No one with any logic is buying your race baiting. It's pathetic you continue to stoop so low.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Comparing this to obamas church and 'pastor', Paul wins easily.

Paul does not have the Media covering for him.

Get over it. No one with any logic is buying your race baiting. It's pathetic you continue to stoop so low.

I don't think you are using that term correctly. Pointing out an enormous political liability and how members of certain ethnicities view this political liability is not race baiting, but a legitimate political question.

Discussing a political liability is not stooping but discussion.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Paul does not have the Media covering for him.

I don't think you are using that term correctly. Pointing out an enormous political liability and how members of certain ethnicities view this political liability is not race baiting, but a legitimate political question.

Discussing a political liability is not stooping but discussion.
    Stooping was being kind. It's baiting and trolling to continuously beat a dead a horse that's already been dealt with.

Who do you think the average rap hip/hop listener is going to listen to, some old crack pot's on TV talking about racism or a black snoop dog endorsing Ron Paul?

If you think it's the old windbag on CNN over snoop, I know of a bridge for sale.

As to the media, do you really think romneycare of boonbaseNewt will have the media covering for them either? Unlike you, the media will only beat that horse for so long.

Honestly, do you think newt/romney stand a chance at capturing ANY of the minority vote? ... now about that bridge...

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    No Republican ever has much chance at all of capturing any significant amount of the black vote. It's the most consistently Democrat vote they have.

If you go by congressional elections, it doesn't matter if the Republican candidate is black, either.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    No Republican ever has much chance at all of capturing any significant amount of the black vote. It's the most consistently Democrat vote they have.

If you go by congressional elections, it doesn't matter if the Republican candidate is black, either.

Odd, isn't it?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    It's baiting and trolling to continuously beat a dead a horse that's already been dealt with.

Dealt with? No, the newsletters have not been "dealt with".

New revelations have come out on the newsletters, and continue to come out, and Paul continues to talk into his hat about racially insensitive, to say the least, material in his newsletters.

Exploiting the Rubes: How Ron Paul Once Betrayed Those Who Trusted Him - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic

http://jezebel.com/5880016/ron-paul-actually-thought-those-racist-newsletters-were-ok-after-all

The Ron Paul Newsletter Bust

No way in heck that racial minorities overlook Paul's involvement in all of this.

Who do you think the average rap hip/hop listener is going to listen to, some old crack pot's on TV talking about racism or a black snoop dog endorsing Ron Paul?

If your average rap hip/hop listener votes, he is going to vote from Obama because he is cool.

As to the media, do you really think romneycare of boonbaseNewt will have the media covering for them either?

No, the media will not cover for Romney or Newt. Once the media picks Romney they will turn their knives to him in an effort to re-elect a fellow traveller in Obama.

Honestly, do you think newt/romney stand a chance at capturing ANY of the minority vote? ... now about that bridge...

Well, depends on the minority. Asian-Americans or Jewish or Hispanic, yes. If you are addressing African-Americans, then of course you are right. Too many cultural ties since FDR with the Democrat Party.

[QUOTEUnlike you, the media will only beat that horse for so long.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of playing into the trap of moving this away from Paul and to me, what horse have I beat?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Paul does, but he's a LIRC, so that doesn't really count.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Second, he definitively answered the questions Years ago and again this time around. The horse you beat is your own. No one else cares.

So, we are defining definitively by talking into our hat and saying that "he answered the question"?

While I understand that Paul will not win, the Media will quickly put an end to that cop out. What about the new relevations? What does Paul say? Ummm, wasn't me in the tapes? I've heard that plenty.:laugh:

How well did Ron Paul do with minorities in Florida tonight?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Odd, isn't it?

Actually, it's comforting in an odd way. I'm at least happy that people aren't voting on something as shallow as skin color - they must at least think the Dems are in their best interest. I think that's misguided, but hey, it's better than racism.

Paul does, but he's a LIRC, so that doesn't really count.

You really think he has a better chance with black folks? What do you base that on?

I'll tell you the black voting block has enormous power they don't use. The Dems take them for granted, yet without them the Ds are DOA in every presidential election. That's why black Republicans are so savaged when they get a little prominence.

I'll be glad when we're all a nice coffee and cream tan color, so future generations won't have to deal with this crap. Interracial couples are doing all our children a great service.

It's funny, my daughter doesn't even see a difference based on skin color. It shows how conditioned we are that we notice the difference and she doesn't. I found this out talking to her about the kids in her class at school. My daughter is five, btw. She doesn't notice skin color any more than she does hair color or eye color. It has just never occurred to her.

dswilson

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 27, 2011
    Shelby County
    I believe his voting right were reinstated.

Snoop could give a poop about the news letters. I saw something along the lines of "I have people do stuff under my name all the time, doesn't mean I see or read all of it".

ABC news is picking up on the story-
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/snoop-dogg-for-ron-paul/

Kelly Clarkson, Vince Vaugn, Barry Manalow, Joe Regan, Jon Popper... it's a popularity contest right?

Young urban 'yoot' as Rush would call them will listen to Snoop dog over nancy pelosi or harry reid, lol.

Muhahahahahaha....

The main point that I take away from this is sad fact that the youth voters in the United States will put more stock in the endorsement of a celebrity than a politicians stance on the issues. I think we need to look in the mirror and take some blame for the current state of our nation and stop blaming everything on the politicians. It seems to me that as a nation we have failed to teach our youth the value of being a responible and informed participant in the democratic process. While I am only 27 I was taught that a voter should weigh the candidates stance on issues, morals etc against their own and make an informed decision on whom they feel comfortable with representing them. just my :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom