• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know there are a zillion different brands/models/styles.

What do you have and how do you like it.

Also consider what a female might be comfortable with.

I am looking and need some suggestions please.

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    Peltor Tactical Sport. Comfortable for headphones, attenuates well, stereo, allows you to hear line commands and conversation clearly, moderately priced.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I LOOOOOVE my Peltor Tactical sports. The compression vs clipping is awesome at outdoor ranges. Compression just reduces the really loud stuff, clipping (cheap ones) just turns off the mic when it gets too loud. I can hold a conversation with my Peltors at an IDPA match and I'm Deaf AF when you introduce background noise. That says a lot. But the advantage of the compression muffs are useless at indoor ranges as the volume is always down too far due to how low it has to compress the louder sounds.

You sir are welcome to stop by and borrow my Peltors and my wife's cheap ($15) harbor freight electronic muffs so she can test drive them if it helps.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Hillbilly

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Anderson
    MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X. They sound great, are incredibly comfortable if you get the gel ear seals, and still allow you to double up ear pro if needed. The way they are made allow me to get a good cheek weld without them getting in the way. My last range day I wore them for about 7 hours and never had any pinching or headache from wearing them. The mic on them is very sensitive and allows for conversations to be had easily.

They are a bit pricey, but are good quality and do everything I need them to do.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I second the Peltor suggestions. I also have some of the howard leights I got for 20 some odd dollars on sale a few years back and they work pretty well. I bought two pair, one still works and one has crapped out YMMV.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    How much do you want to spend?

How much protection do you want?

Do you want to be able to shoot rifles without any interference?

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Another vote for Peltor Tac Sports. I've had a set of them for a few years and have been really happy. Used indoors & outdoors - handgun & rifle. I do recommend the headband wrap - makes them a little bit more comfortable. YMMV

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Peltor was my first pair. They are still my favorite. I did pick up a pair of Howard Leights. The HL are nice, but the Peltors are much nicer.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    MSA Sordin Supreme Pro X. They sound great, are incredibly comfortable if you get the gel ear seals, and still allow you to double up ear pro if needed. The way they are made allow me to get a good cheek weld without them getting in the way. My last range day I wore them for about 7 hours and never had any pinching or headache from wearing them. The mic on them is very sensitive and allows for conversations to be had easily.

They are a bit pricey, but are good quality and do everything I need them to do.

This is what I use. Excellent hearing protection and very comfortable.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I bought a set of the Howard Leight Impact Sport, and I am not thrilled. The sound cuts in and out, and doesn't even work half the time. Save your money and get something better.

caltem

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2013
    I've used Walkers for a couple of years. I really like them, but I have to remember to turn them off when I put them pack in my range bag... Or keep extra batteries on hand.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How much do you want to spend?

How much protection do you want?

Do you want to be able to shoot rifles without any interference?

Budget is in the $150 max range.
    Decent protection and rifles are not an issue with these as the spouse will mainly wear them.

Need good ear relief.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm still wearing the Radians and like them. I wish they had an auto power off because I've bumped them on several times then got to the range with dead batteries. Other than that they have been fine. I like the sound quality better than the HL.

I have a second set of cheapie Winchester from Walmart and they aren't bad for the $ but don't work well when shooting rifles due to size.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Budget is in the $150 max range.
    Decent protection and rifles are not an issue with these as the spouse will mainly wear them.

Need good ear relief.

You can borrow one of my sets of Peltor Tactical Sports for her to try out if you want. Wish I'd known this yesterday, I'd have sent a set home with you.

Top Bottom