• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Insert all applicable I remember lines...... But yes I remember.
    Hey guys,
    So I'm wanting to install a long gun mount in my vehicle for transportation and defense purposes.
    -A1

I have seen that one. It's really cool looking but I'm trying to stay on the cheaper side.

No idea just how much on the cheaper side you are trying to stay. But what about a mechanical locking one? Unlock when you get in the car, lock when you get out. Quicker access if needed (even if by just half a second or so), and probably a heck of a lot cheaper. Biggest downside is forgetting to unlock it, and needing it. Which I will admit is a major one.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    What kind of car is it going in?

Right now it is going in a GMC Yukon XL. I think I can bolt it where the console and passenger seat meet at the floor and then it will come up right between the two within reach if I'm sitting in the driver or back seats.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Insert all applicable I remember lines...... But yes I remember.

No idea just how much on the cheaper side you are trying to stay. But what about a mechanical locking one? Unlock when you get in the car, lock when you get out. Quicker access if needed (even if by just half a second or so), and probably a heck of a lot cheaper. Biggest downside is forgetting to unlock it, and needing it. Which I will admit is a major one.

I have considered this too. I mean, hopefully I will never need it fast because I always have my handgun with me but I don't want to be fumbling with keys if I was to forget to unlock it or something and actually need it. I'm going to keep looking at options.

A1Paracord

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    You can find used electronic locks on ebay for cheap.
    I got a used pro-guard electronic lock shotgun rack awhile back for a decent price.

BTW: Pro-Guard is an Indiana based company Pro-gard Products, LLC

I've never heard of them but I was just looking at their products and they are really neat! I will definitely check out e-bay. Thanks!

Top Bottom