Elon Musk Becomes Twitter’s Largest Shareholder…

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    NSFW...

A Year at Elon Musk’s X: Twitter’s Top 10 Wildest Moments of 2023

Elon Musk killed Twitter in 2023 in name and, to many, in spirit.
    Musk, the world’s richest person, says he overpaid in swinging the $44 billion deal for Twitter last year — which he rechristened X and has refashioned into his vision of what a “free speech” platform should be. The obstreperous Musk, after hacking X/Twitter’s workforce down to a skeleton crew, drove major advertisers away from X after he endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory. (Musk expressed regret about his comment, but also told Bob Iger and others who pulled ad spending to “go **** yourself.”) And, among other wacky stunts, he manufactured a bizarre feud with Mark Zuckerberg.
    It’s tough to narrow down the 10 truly wackiest moments of Musk’s monarchical reign over X/Twitter this year, but here goes...
    Reading Variety now? :):

Those are rather biased views of what happened

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    NSFW...

A Year at Elon Musk’s X: Twitter’s Top 10 Wildest Moments of 2023

Elon Musk killed Twitter in 2023 in name and, to many, in spirit.
    Musk, the world’s richest person, says he overpaid in swinging the $44 billion deal for Twitter last year — which he rechristened X and has refashioned into his vision of what a “free speech” platform should be. The obstreperous Musk, after hacking X/Twitter’s workforce down to a skeleton crew, drove major advertisers away from X after he endorsed an antisemitic conspiracy theory. (Musk expressed regret about his comment, but also told Bob Iger and others who pulled ad spending to “go **** yourself.”) And, among other wacky stunts, he manufactured a bizarre feud with Mark Zuckerberg.
    It’s tough to narrow down the 10 truly wackiest moments of Musk’s monarchical reign over X/Twitter this year, but here goes...
    I think anyone claiming to be a journalist who calls anyone anti-semetic, should be asked the question, is calling for the genocide of Jews is as much free speech as using the wrong pronouns?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just the news? Sounds like some loads of opinion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just the news? Sounds like some loads of opinion.
    You don’t know what news is. Still sucking off the corpse of Walter Cronkite I see. You two have a lot in common, he also thought he was the great disseminator of information after carefully evaluating all positions, but in reality he was just another propagandist…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You don’t know what news is. Still sucking off the corpse of Walter Cronkite I see. You two have a lot in common, he also thought he was the great disseminator of information after carefully evaluating all positions, but in reality he was just another propagandist…
    :rofl:

Opinion == news? Nah. I’ve seen news presented objectively. Just say what happened and leave it to the reader to form his own opinions. But, if you want your opinions delivered this way…

1703966757340.png

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    :rofl:

Opinion == news? Nah. I’ve seen news presented objectively. Just say what happened and leave it to the reader to form his own opinions. But, if you want your opinions delivered this way…

View attachment 322229
    So just what are the opinions of the author in this article, since you seem to be accusing him of such. He quotes or references Musk, Cruz, Brendan Carr, WSJ, Alex Stevens, Patrick Lawson, Ford, and Aaron Turpen. This seems a fairly presented topic to me, but we all know that pales compared to the legend in your mind…

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I thought taking advantage of Government rules and handouts was a good thing for a businessman.

As for what is opinion, the very first line of the article is opinion.
    “Elon’s main innovation is his ability to deploy humanist rhetoric to generate political support for his business ventures. Those businesses have been largely built by gaming the regulatory system and generous public funding,” said Alex Stevens, manager of policy and communications for the Institute for Energy Research.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I thought taking advantage of Government rules and handouts was a good thing for a businessman.

As for what is opinion, the very first line of the article is opinion.
    That was a quoted opinion, not the authror‘s opinion. That you do not see the difference is staggering.

“said Alex Stevens, manager of policy and communications for the Institute for Energy Research.”

That is real reporting, quoting what others say, not what the reporter thinks and feels. WTF?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    That was a quoted opinion, not the authror‘s opinion. That you do not see the difference is staggering.

“said Alex Stevens, manager of policy and communications for the Institute for Energy Research.”

That is real reporting, quoting what others say, not what the reporter thinks and feels. WTF?
    Seriously Mike. You think he put it there because he disagreed with it or even didn't have an opinion? He led with that. That sets up the whole article.

Which part of the article do you think shows evidence of his claim?

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

That was one of many quoted opinions in an article building a narrative backed by cherry picked opinions.

The only real reporting is that some people had some opinions about the cybertruck. Which seems to be limited to that which apparently agrees with the thesis of the article, that Musk offered the cybertruck as a **** you to customers. Seriously, who would do that?

It's fair to say the cybertruck is a disappointment to people given the hype. But as a **** you? I think Musk is a glass half full kinda guy and his enthusiasm for what he thinks he can do exceeds his ability to bring it about. If the thesis was about that, I'd say fair point. I think musk needs a partner who is grounded and can curb his belief in what is possible given time and resources.

Give him another 2 or 3 years and it probably could have met expectations. Remember, he promised this would be out in 2021. It took him another two years to make something that was disappointing compared to what was promised initially.

It would have been better if he'd have announced the cybertruck as, we think we can make it do this and that, and we'll try to deliver that. Another problem, I don't think Musk really gets "truck" culture. I don't want a cybertruck. I want something I can use to haul stuff and pull stuff on long trips without range anxiety. If Musk would have delivered what he promised, it still wouldn't do that. Plus, if I want the thing to have a color, I have to have it vinyl wrapped.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One other thing Musk builds what he thinks is cool, and nothing trumps that. So he thinks an angular, wedge shaped truck looks cool, and subjectively it does. I don’t mind a cool looking Truck but that’s the game all other Truck makers understand and Musk doesn’t. Make it look cool but not at the expense of practically.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Seriously Mike. You think he put it there because he disagreed with it or even didn't have an opinion? He led with that. That sets up the whole article.

Which part of the article do you think shows evidence of his claim?
    I agree the idea of the creation of any article begins with the bias of just what topics to chose to write.

Top Bottom