• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallboy1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    The Club webpage is back up we have 9 memberships left. I was at the range today but there was no one their shooting. I am going to be back at the range Sunday if we don't get snowed in.

tallboy1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Hello everyone just wanted to let everyone know that we have memberships left. I will be at the club tomorrow before our 6PM meeting. We will be having Corn beef and cabbage for supper at 5pm the cost will be about $7.00. I should be at the club from 2pm - 8pm if anyone has any questions give me a call 317-797-4420.

Thanks

Joe

FlatSixShooter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2018
    Westfield
    Anyone been out shooting in this cold weather? I was thinking about going on the 1st, but it sounds like it's going to be brutally cold.

Thought I just found/joined INGO, I've been a member at Elwood since moving here a couple yrs ago. I'm eager to get out in the next few days. I picked up a couple new-to-me SW Gen 3 autos over the holiday (inc a 1006 10mm) as well as a new roller delayed battle rifle and am itchin to try all.

But I'm quite sure I will not be able to press my target holders or shephards hooks into the earth, so here I sit.:(

If someone else wants to brave it, please pm me with any target holder contributions for the terra firma we currently have.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I think the members that visit this thread might enjoy this old photo that I picked up at an auction in Tipton. It isn't marked as to the year, but it appears to be late 1800's. The insignia on their hats appears to say "SV 306". The original photo is clearer than the digital version I am posting; I could possibly scan it at a higher resolution to see if it can be any clearer. Their jacket collars also have insignia, but I can't read it. Their belt buckles both say "US", but one of them has his on upside down! I haven't been able to figure out what the rifles are. It would be natural to assume they are Trapdoor Springfield's given the probable time period, but I am certain they are not. The trigger guards have a double curve that would seemingly be easy to identify, but I haven't been able to match it to anything. If any of you up in Elwood have some clue what the "SV 306" could be (it could be something close to that too) or any ideas to what organization they might belong to I would appreciate it!

qejklCK.jpg

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    I think the members that visit this thread might enjoy this old photo that I picked up at an auction in Tipton. It isn't marked as to the year, but it appears to be late 1800's. The insignia on their hats appears to say "SV 306". The original photo is clearer than the digital version I am posting; I could possibly scan it at a higher resolution to see if it can be any clearer. Their jacket collars also have insignia, but I can't read it. Their belt buckles both say "US", but one of them has his on upside down! I haven't been able to figure out what the rifles are. It would be natural to assume they are Trapdoor Springfield's given the probable time period, but I am certain they are not. The trigger guards have a double curve that would seemingly be easy to identify, but I haven't been able to match it to anything. If any of you up in Elwood have some clue what the "SV 306" could be (it could be something close to that too) or any ideas to what organization they might belong to I would appreciate it!

Nice photo! Is that some kind of fur they are standing on? Bearskin rug, maybe??

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Nice photo! Is that some kind of fur they are standing on? Bearskin rug, maybe??

Thanks! Looks like some kind of fur, but not sure what kind. It's funny, I have looked and looked at that photo, with a magnifying glass and naked eye, and not once have I ever noticed what they were standing on until you pointed it out!

Last edited:

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    One of these days when it warms up we need to do an ingo meet and shoot at elwood. I've never met another ingoer there besides one, who I knew already. I've been a member for about 4 years.

tallboy1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Yes Elwood Conservation Club will be at the Tipton Gun Show both Saturday and Sunday. We have about 23 membership left so this would be a great time to get one.

tallboy1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    e a great time to get one.
    Yes Elwood Conservation Club will be at the Tipton Gun Show both Saturday and Sunday. We have about 23 membership left so this would be a great time to get one.

tallboy1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    At this time memberships for the Elwood Conservation Club are closed. We are hoping to reopen in April or May we still are taking renew memberships. If you have any questions give me a call. 317-797-4420

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks! Looks like some kind of fur, but not sure what kind. It's funny, I have looked and looked at that photo, with a magnifying glass and naked eye, and not once have I ever noticed what they were standing on until you pointed it out!

People only see what they're looking for. Researchers put a gorilla in X-rays of lung tissue and asked oncologists and radiologists to look for cancer and very few of them noticed the monkey.

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm planning on being at the monthly meeting tomorrow. I can report back if membership is open or not. They brought it up last month, so I'll assume it will be brought back up tomorrow.

Top Bottom