• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Over the years I've talked to many people who carry everyday. Most were soldiers of mine as I enlisted at 17 before I even had the permit to carry. I'll start off with my one "oops" The week after I graduated basic I came home and dad got me a Kimber Eclipse in 10mm as a gift. I wore it proudly as I was home on 2 weeks HRAP. I made a trip to the mall and had to poop . I had a De Samtis IWB with no retention. I dropped trou with no issues. As I came to pull them up the weight of the pistol turned my belt over holster attached and my nice new Eclipse hit the floor and slid in to the stall next to me. There was a guy in there whom I'm sure was confused as to why there was a gun at his feet. I politely asked "could you kick that over?" His foot gave a soft nudge returning it to my stall. As I went to recover it he said "weapon retention, learn it" Feel free to share, talk smack, or both.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That is hilarious! I can't wait to read the spoof thread. Wait... IS this the spoof thread? :laugh:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    When I got my first semi-auto, a CZ 40, it was a newly introduced gun and there wasn't much in the way of holster selection. I also lived in a small town where there wasn't much of a gun store selection. Because I wanted to carry it so badly RIGHT NOW I bought a cheapy Uncle Mike's IWB holster to use until my custom from High Noon Holsters could arrive.

That holster was bulimic. It puked the gun out every chance it got. Occasionally it would just go AWOL and the cough itself and the gun out. I caught it before it came completely out while walking a few times, but it did wind up in the passenger side floorboard of my truck, holster and all, once before I gave up and went back to carrying my revolver until a good holster arrived.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    A soldier of mine carried a glock 26 in his pocket. He also (like most soldiers) didn't own many civilian pants. The pocket liner in his jeans gave out one day while we were at the bar. It was fun seeing him catch it right at his knee cap and then try to play it off.

Concerned Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Oh, I've had a few. Most recently, my neighbors were over, and my puppy got her ball stuck under the couch. I was carrying IWB 6:00 with a Crossbreed Super Tuck. I got on the ground to reach under the couch to get the ball, and while my head was down, my butt was up, my 9mm slipped out onto the carpet. Their 11 year old daughter said "is that a gun?"

They know I carry, and it was a good opportunity to share with their 11 year old.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    While on deployment I was a temporary SAW gunner as the original operator was wounded and sent home . I felt the need to put a sling on it to let it hang on long foot patrols. We were out for 20 hours one day walking around. The sling worked itself loose just as I was walking into the COP to clear my weapon. I hasn't noticed so I cleared it and made my way through the motor pool. As I come down by the TOC my PL yells "sgt Rogers!" I turn and wave like a moron and my sling gives and the saw went crashing down right on top of the optic. Who got a statement of charges?!? ....this guy :(

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    Yeah they were under my leadership aka they are my soldier and I was their NCO.... It happens...I was a lot of people's soldier as I had a lot of higher ranking people above me... I mean really you can hold a grudge for me having an opinion but i prefer to agree to disagree and be civil

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yeah they were under my leadership aka they are my soldier and I was their NCO.... It happens...I was a lot of people's soldier as I had a lot of higher ranking people above me... I mean really you can hold a grudge for me having an opinion but i prefer to agree to disagree and be civil
    What "grudge"?
    I was just playing off your words.

Lighten up Francis! You're in the wrong place if you can't take a little joking!

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

Thank you for you service to this great country and for your honesty. I would call you Sir instead of Francis, but I'm not sure you like either so I will just call you friend.

You are a great addition to INGO and in the right place.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    There is always a little truth in every joke. You can't always say what you want followed by I'm just joking as a free pass.

Go huff yourself!!

biggrin.gif
    See what I did there?

Top Bottom