• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Anybody know of any EMT classes accepting students around grant county? I was told Ivy Tech but they only list the class in madison and batesville i spend a lot of time in batesville but cant stay that long. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Rocketscientist

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    Valparaiso
    I'm from NWI, so I can't really be of any real help, but if you don't get any leads here I would suggest stopping by your local fire dept or ambulance station. They always know where classes are and/or could point you in the right direction. Plus, chatting them up and making some aquaintences could serve you well later! Best of luck to you! It is a very rewarding career!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Check out the local hospitals to see if they have any classes for EMT. Good luck in your search. Another idea is the Red Cross Chapters.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    thanks for the link. I could probably do bluffton or warsaw if i had to. I emailed county EMA last night and asked about it and am going to have my brother ask around at the hospital.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    Not really a lot of difference between First Responders and EMT when you think about it. EMT get transport duties and the combitube. If your going for FR, might as well go full blown EMT. More job opportunities and it looks great on a resume anywhere.

Grogmister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 13, 2012
    EMR is the old First Responder certification. This was developed for volunteer FD and is a great certification to have however you cannot work on an ambulance with it. State mandates EMT or higher to work on and ambulance. Have you checked with IVY tech Ft. Wayne? They do numerous EMT and Paramedic courses and they hold them out south close to 469. Would be a quick drive up 69 to 469 for you. Matt Shady is the program director.

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I want to be able to work in the trucks so i guess emt is what i want. I was hoping to find a county or hospital offering around here since they are usually a few hundred dollars cheaper than ivy tech but i will definitely contact the fort wayne ivy tech campus and ask.

Top Bottom