• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I've had 5 frames, pops has had at least 4.
    Custom shop, aftermarket, and factory barrels........we've had about 20 or so.
    No, we haven't mixed and matched all over the yrs to check things.
    So far only one frame/bbl combo needed major locking bolt change. Had maybe one other that could have used better fitting.
    One frame bbl combo had a pretty healthy frame/bbl gap, but was rimfire, shot OK........so was never messed with.
    Pops did get a G2 frame new that was jacked, they sent him a complete replacement, without over travel adj (like the first ones) so he sent it back and they sent him one of same type.
    While puny, the .256 Win does fit the handgun cartridge spec for deer. Grumpy still has a custom bbl made from a Sako take off. I'd like to pop a deer with it.
    Have not tried it on my frames, but figure it should work fine on one.

Did have a customer with a .500S&W Encore that required Burris Signature rings w offset inserts. That got him dialed in (vertical issue). Can't say there was a prob or not with that bbl, since another customer had an H&R .500 with similar issue, and same type of rings got it on target.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I have dedicated optics on all of my barrels, and even when running them on different frames they are always dead on. As far as the hanger bars, I use them, but it has nothing to do with accuracy improvement, which in my experience there isn't much if any at all. A true free float isn't possible, because the forend is still mounted to the rail which is mounted to the barrel. It just reduces the amount of contact.

Top Bottom