• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    FMJ, that crying indian is actually an Italian actor. Amazing what activists/marketers/propagandists can come up with, isn't it? Incidentally, although it did generate the desired emotional response, it completely failed at its purpose. By contrast, the 'Don't mess with Texas' campaign (originally an anti-littering campaign) proved very effective.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    FMJ, that crying indian is actually an Italian actor. Amazing what activists/marketers/propagandists can come up with, isn't it? Incidentally, although it did generate the desired emotional response, it completely failed at its purpose. By contrast, the 'Don't mess with Texas' campaign (originally an anti-littering campaign) proved very effective.

thank you for the very informative tid bit. I didnt really care about the texas stuff. I just wanted a funny crying gif. and thought the indian would be a good one. I had considered this

dawson_crying.gif

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    thank you for the very informative tid bit. I didnt really care about the texas stuff. I just wanted a funny crying gif. and thought the indian would be a good one. I had considered this

dawson_crying.gif

I would judge them equally pathetic. I wouldn't have known about the Italian indian or the Texas thing had I not read them as examples of effective and ineffective advertising.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Okay, so I am in the Marine Reserves and I can't have my stuff smelling like pot, or have it in my system, and these guys in my apartment building smoke pot all the time and make the entry way smell like marijuana smoke. This smoke seeps into all the apartments. I have called the cops on them two times already, and again tonight, and they keep doing it. Now I know the cops can't stop them from smoking, and frankly I don't care if they stop or not, I just don't want my stuff to smell like their "stuff."
    If they get a ticket or get arrested or something I know they can be evicted (obviously not clear on the details of this) but I don't know how to get it to this point. I have been at this complex for almost three years and these guys are subleasing an apartment for the rest of the year. The lady in the office is on my side, but she says there isn't much she can do at this point. Any suggestions?

you know what friday is??...right?...you may want to just go to a hotel for the weekend

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I would judge them equally pathetic. I wouldn't have known about the Italian indian or the Texas thing had I not read them as examples of effective and ineffective advertising.

pathetic? I was illustrating crying. I don't really care where they are from or their original intent.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I can't have my stuff smelling like pot, or have it in my system,

This smoke seeps into all the apartments.
    It is not in your system and people who claim they failed a test by just being around it are lying about it. They ingested it. Relax on that issue unless you are lying too.

The real issue is smell on your personal property and you. You need to explain to them positive and negative air pressure in a confined space and nicely ask them to vent the air away from you when they smoke. Asking nicely and in the proper way insinuates there is also a way that is not so nice.

The smoke gets into an enclosed entryway, then seeps in around your door? Is this correct? If so you either have them apply negative air pressure to their space, vent it out with a fan (and seal your doorway better too) OR you apply positive air pressure to your space being sure to have the air leave your apartment through the front door. Like air leaving a small hole in a baloon, smoke will never enter your apartment if some air is always leaving it. Take control and quit being a victim or ask the landlord to release you from your lease due to cause. Hearing that may also push them to try harder to help you resolve it. At the very least have them seal off your front door, you can remove some later if you need to vent yoru space.

How is this topic political? Good luck.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    He isn't in the room with the "dope" fiends while they're smoking (and he mentioned pot not heroin anyway). He isn't going to fail a drug test from being in the same building. If you want to talk about unlearned, might want to point those fingers at ALL of the ignorant people thinking that it is only the scum of the earth that smoke or that all people that smoke are idiots. You'd be very surprised to know the number of doctors, lawyers, scientists, engineers, CEOs, and others with better paying jobs than most of ours that smoke. If the OP is having problems with them smoking, he should talk to them like a man (meaning telling them that their smoke is making the building stink and asking if they could smoke somewhere else or maybe vape since he doesn't care that they're partaking). Those of you suggesting violence need to get a grip on reality. Truly an embarrassment to any communities you associate yourselves with.

From the Marines I've known, many things make it through drug screens anyway. Same with the Army. I've known plenty that smoke weed, abuse pills, use steroids, and some that are coke heads. Not a single one of them has gotten in any trouble.

Well, trying to be unbiased, if you lose your job because of pot arrest (and many of those occupations apply), you kinda would be an idiot. Not saying it's right or wrong, just stating that it would be pretty dumb to risk your livelihood over something that you have the choice not to use.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    For the last time people, there is no, chance of his job being at risk. I can't believe how many people are taking this seriously. If the smell annoys him, which is the only REAL issue, then take it with the landlord, the police, or whoever, but don't make yourself look like a childish tattle tale by saying this is a threat to your job, which is a rediculous exaggeration.

I repeat, I am not at all convinced he knows what pot even smells like. It could just be a Hooka or plain tobacco, which is why the cops haven't made an arrest, even though they inspected the apelartment. Don't you think if the cops smelled pot in their apartment, they would've sought the evidence? If their apartment doesn't smell like pot, then how could they be smoking so much that it seeps out?

Now if it is a Hooka, for example, you still have a legit complaint about the smell to the landlord, or the neighbors, but not the police. If you keep contacting them and you're wrong, not only will you look like a nerd, and a wannabee narc, but the cops will get angry with you. They might even follow home from the bar the next time you're out drinking beer and pull you over, just for being a d**k.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    For the last time people, there is no, chance of his job being at risk. I can't believe how many people are taking this seriously. If the smell annoys him, which is the only REAL issue, then take it with the landlord, the police, or whoever, but don't make yourself look like a childish tattle tale by saying this is a threat to your job, which is a rediculous exaggeration.

I repeat, I am not at all convinced he knows what pot even smells like. It could just be a Hooka or plain tobacco, which is why the cops haven't made an arrest, even though they inspected the apelartment. Don't you think if the cops smelled pot in their apartment, they would've sought the evidence? If their apartment doesn't smell like pot, then how could they be smoking so much that it seeps out?

Now if it is a Hooka, for example, you still have a legit complaint about the smell to the landlord, or the neighbors, but not the police. If you keep contacting them and you're wrong, not only will you look like a nerd, and a wannabee narc, but the cops will get angry with you. They might even follow home from the bar the next time you're out drinking beer and pull you over, just for being a d**k.

seriously listen to this man:ingo:

fullmetaljesus

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy

As a hookah smoker, I really doubt they are smoking enough to have the smell seep out into his clothing. Hookah is more about taste than smell.

Also, what if instead of hippies these people are pagan and are just burning sage or something similar?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Just back from a PM/PP case where the WLPD cop put his nose up to the door seam like a sucker fish in an aquarium . . . and to think BPD just walks on by.

Wonder why BPD is so different than WLPD???:dunno:

Top Bottom