• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    My Eotech 517 got the dreaded dim reticle this past week. Can hardly see it when outside when it's set to the max brightness. Had the chance to compare it to a 512 model to confirm.

It's a 2009 manufacture date and I purchased it new in 2010.

I've already gotten a response from Eotech Customer Service with a RMA # saying they will fix it for free if I return it to them (great news! well out of warranty).

I'll keep this thread updated with the status for documentation.

Crbn79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 4, 2014
    Indianapolis, North
    Some Eotech 512s had an issue with the battery springs falling out and making weak contact with the battery. Eotech offers a spring kit if this is the problem.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Eotech was received by L3 on May 8th. Scheduled for delivery back to me tomorrow, May 14th. No word yet on what was fixed or done.

I'll follow up tomorrow with any details I get regarding what was wrong and how they fixed it. I'm assuming there will be an invoice or something included that details the work done.

Last edited:

jimbobcooters

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2013
    Its nice to know that they will take care of their customers. I just purchased another Eotech, was leaning toward an Aimpoint but I went with the American made.

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Got it back today. It appears to be the same optic (serial # and date of manufactur match). No explanation of what was fixed or replaced. It is definitely brighter now though.

One week turn around including shipping is really impressive. It did cost about $14 to ship via USPS (paid extra for insurance).

cagilber

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    That's what I've read online. It would be nice to know how and why. Did it slowly leak? Something cracked? Did they just "fill it back up" so I can expect it to happen in another 3-4 years?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    That's what I've read online. It would be nice to know how and why. Did it slowly leak? Something cracked? Did they just "fill it back up" so I can expect it to happen in another 3-4 years?
    I've seen it on new ones and I've seen it on damaged ones. If they fixed it it's not gonna happen again. And if it does eotech will stand by their products with about a 3 day turn around from the day they get the optic in their hands. You can't beat that!
    beat the **** out of a $4to800 optic and have it fixed for life!

Top Bottom