• ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Finally!
    Seeing some availability, and I actually got one!
    Mounted on a P320, had it a few weeks now and maybe 150 rounds through it.

So far so good. Nice size, nice window, very clear crisp dot.
    A bit smaller than the Romeo1 pros I’m used to, but still think I see it easier than my rmr, but I admittedly haven’t shot that much lately. I need to get the rmr on something that doesn’t have suppresser ht sights to make a fair comparison.
    Love the presentation of the EFLX.

Anyone else?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Too fat for a narrow slide like my 365X Macro. Still want to buy the Romeo 1 Pro.
    They’re actually very similiar. I ended up putting a Romeo1 Pro on a CZ, which is pretty narrow, and did a lot of measuring/looking.

They’re like me, they’re fat in different places.

The EFLX has sharper less rounded lines, and a second one will go on a second CZ.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    So far so qood with mine. Only about 300 hundred rounds through it but easy to get mounted (CHPWS plate and screws for M&P M2.0 Core) and zeroed. Large window, solid adjustment buttons, and the dot is pretty crisp as others have stated. We'll see how it holds up long term.

I pre-ordered back in Feb 21 and it showed up around Oct so I'd pretty much forgotten about it by the time the shipping notice came through.

69439033151__04898757-2CB7-4F77-8A3E-55F4EE8378EA.jpeg

69439035582__7821B033-33FD-4504-B30A-5C439B7021DF.jpeg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Eotech EFLX FAIL !

I milled a CZ p01 Omega for a EFLX, painted it and mounted it, got to take it out today to sight in.

Shot extremely low, worked to bring it up, turned it to its limits both ways but it will not come up enough. (Dot needs to go down) First time this optics been shot.

Had my 320 with the EFLX with me as well, was shooting it great and all of a sudden it started shooting low. That dot is stuck super high in the window. No matter what I did it will not adjust. This dot probably has a hundred rounds through it.

Went from a 60 degree shop to truck to outside, it was probably 35 but felt colder with the wind. A couple of Romeo’s were just fine today, just like always.

I’ll try to contact Eotech, and not here to throw undo shade, but if anyone was considering this, we’ll let’s just say I have regrets. I will update.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    Eotech EFLX FAIL !

I milled a CZ p01 Omega for a EFLX, painted it and mounted it, got to take it out today to sight in.

Shot extremely low, worked to bring it up, turned it to its limits both ways but it will not come up enough. (Dot needs to go down) First time this optics been shot.

Had my 320 with the EFLX with me as well, was shooting it great and all of a sudden it started shooting low. That dot is stuck super high in the window. No matter what I did it will not adjust. This dot probably has a hundred rounds through it.

Went from a 60 degree shop to truck to outside, it was probably 35 but felt colder with the wind. A couple of Romeo’s were just fine today, just like always.

I’ll try to contact Eotech, and not here to throw undo shade, but if anyone was considering this, we’ll let’s just say I have regrets. I will update.
    I was just going to order one before I read your post. I’ll have to do more research now.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Dang it man!

Got 2 PA G2 Cyclops prisms not right (initial and replacement- diff issues) and am trying to find something non chinesium to replace.

Guess Im gonna have to go Aimpoint Acro P2.
    And dunno who has any in stock.

Was thinking hard about Eflx. Until your post.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Dang it man!

Got 2 PA G2 Cyclops prisms not right (initial and replacement- diff issues) and am trying to find something non chinesium to replace.

Guess Im gonna have to go Aimpoint Acro P2.
    And dunno who has any in stock.

Was thinking hard about Eflx. Until your post.
    Man I sure don’t to be throwing undo shade, but I know what happened. The first one was awesome, clear glass, fine point, until it popped up and went starburst.
    Got the ra# yesterday so they went out today, e-mail said 2 week turnaround but hope it’s quicker than that.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Good luck! I'll give any manufacturer a try to fix something.
    Stuff happens.

Just ordered a 1-4X scope from Doug at Camerland to replace the Primary Arms prism deal that didn't work out. Proly end up w PA store credit and buy non optics stuff w that.

So I still need a pistol RDS. Looks like Aimpoint of some sort.
    Was thinking PRO for my .35 rem Contender but the ACRO P2 might be usable.
    Deer gun so 3 moa or 3.5 moa dot is fine. For target I like a 2 moa.

Last edited:

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    EFLX Update;
    Not a whole lot to update yet, but EOTECH did a solid and sent me 2 new or at least completely refurbished and repackaged sights. I did not record the s/n before I sent them off so not sure if they’re the same. They look new, as one had a mark on it that’s not there now.

Anyway, will get them tested asap and see how they do.

Of note, after they were sent off, I realized that the CZ needed to be milled with 1 degree of slope in it for any sight to work, so the adjustment problem was not theirs, but mine. That has been fixed and one dot will go on it.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance put a little blurb on Instagram about this sight. He says even though there is a lot to like about it, the button's being too easy to accidentally change and the way shorter than advertised battery life are big turn offs. IIRC he only got 5 months out of the battery.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Hilton Yam of 10-8 Performance put a little blurb on Instagram about this sight. He says even though there is a lot to like about it, the button's being too easy to accidentally change and the way shorter than advertised battery life are big turn offs. IIRC he only got 5 months out of the battery.
    A got one of my replacement EFLX’s mounted on a 320, the holster had been originally molded for a Romeo (I mold mine to cover the dot) and kept noticing the dot being on when I holstered (just working on it in the shop).
    The holster was just tight enough to activate the buttons, like you pointed out.
    Not the coolest thing for sure but I can live with it, once I reheat and remold a bit.

Still haven’t made it to the range for more testing. Maybe tomorrow morning, 20 degrees should give an Eotech a workout.

Top Bottom