• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    i have a 4 year old eotech (n cell type) that has probably 5k 5.56 through, 500 + of 308, and now sits on my deer slayer 12 gauge. probably about 100 rounds of winchester partition gold. it's still going strong and has been beat up pretty good. mine gets at least 6 months of battery usage.

if you look around you can find the new xps for 375-425 depending on how long you want to wait. also if you ask for the serial number i am pretty sure you can call with and they will verify it's authenticity, though i am sure its also possible someone could give you a stolen serial number also, thats part of the risk of online shopping i suppose

I don't know where you're finding xps for that price. Cheapest I've found is $465.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    I have a EOtech 553 and I took it to Iraq and back. I would personally choose this optic over a Aimpoint 68 or Comp2.

Not once in my 15 months of Deployment with the 101st (RAKKASANS) did my EoTech Fail. It was bashed into walls, the ground, Humvee turrets, even IEDs and did not fail once. I have personally seen dozens of Aimpoints fail for multiple reasons. Anything from will not zero/adjust, Knobs broken off, will not hold zero, and just wont turn on.
    100_0049.jpg

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I have a EOtech 553 and I took it to Iraq and back. I would personally choose this optic over a Aimpoint 68 or Comp2.

Not once in my 15 months of Deployment with the 101st (RAKKASANS) did my EoTech Fail. It was bashed into walls, the ground, Humvee turrets, even IEDs and did not fail once. I have personally seen dozens of Aimpoints fail for multiple reasons. Anything from will not zero/adjust, Knobs broken off, will not hold zero, and just wont turn on.

I guess that proves that everything man made is subject to fail. You and I have completely opposite experiences with these two optics.

ranjah6

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Have used my eotech on two combat deployments totaling 28 months, as well as about 5 years of training. Hasn't failed me once. I am an active duty 11b who has used it serving as a line tm ldr, sqd ldr, recon tm ldr, and plt sgt. You can imagine the abuse it has seen. Two thumbs up from this operator.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I don't know where you're finding xps for that price. Cheapest I've found is $465.

i don't buy anything new sorry should have mentioned that. there is no reason to pay new prices when you have so many great sites with such great classifieds. in the past 3 weeks i have seen 1 go for 375, 1 for 390 and another 410 shipped. on a couple of the bigger sites.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    We've had two EOTech's go down on my team in the past 60 days. They are both approximately five years old and they've probably had 8000-1000 rounds fired under them. The internal lens came loose from it's mount on one of them and the other one no longer holds zero. The good thing is that EOTech only charges us $58 to repair them but it's left us wondering about the reliability of the remaining units.
    Yup, I've had a similar problem with a 552. It was about 3 years old and it just died. The lens came loose and it started shooting all over the place. I still have 3 of the sights though. My Comp M2's are actually older, they're about 6 years old now. They're still on the same batteries despite being left on in the safe for months at a time. Anyway, I've not killed any of my Aimpoints yet but I have killed one 552 EOTech and it wasn't used all that much. I use the Comp M2's far more, and I'm pretty abusive to them, more so than I have been to my EOTechs.

Aaron B.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    SE MI
    I've personally witnessed the following at various carbine classes while observing shooters with EOTechs:

-(2x) Integral mount loosened up and the optic fell off the weapon during fire
    -(2x) Unable to attain and hold a zero. Other shooters attempted to do so, some of who I would never question their ability to shoot a group. The optic was all over the place.
    -One died and just refused to turn back on
    -One died and required surgery on the batter contacts to resume operation
    -Many complaints about abysmal battery life, and the auto-off function.

I have never witnessed any failures or malfunctions with Aimpoints. I am sure there exist samples of EOTechs that have literally been to hell and back and have worked without a hiccup, but what are the chances the next one on the production line that you get will work the same way? Now ask that same question about Aimpoint.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have seen 5 Eotechs go down on the range in my life.

2 of them just turned off, 3 of them had zeroing issues.

Many MANY times people run out of battery and have to beg / borrow / run to the car for a few AAs.

ALL of those Eotechs were the AA battery older style, but the owners were NOT, I repeat NOT happy with their class / Appleseed / match being run with Irons :)

Thats why I went with the Aimpoint Micro, which happily I got when Midway had their clearance for 299, so I am ahead of the curve $$ wise imo.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Well, I ordered an XPS2 from GG&G. Haven't found anything negative about the XPSs. I paid $485, which appears to be about the going rate, but this one came with a quick release mount and "Front Toward Enemy" flip up lens covers included in the price.

Still waiting on Spike's for the AR to put it on. Can't wait for the deliver date for both, or as I like to call it, Christmas.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    Im a 11B, 5 years in service all active duty and my units Armorer for the last 9 months. I have a tub sitting in a locker full of M68 and Comp2 that are broken. By my count I have over 25 broken M68s. I would have more but I scavenged part off of all of these to make a few more work. M68s are junk. I could have the broken ones sent off and fixed but that would just be more effort then its worth to get them fixed.

xmas_asn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Fort Irwin, Ca
    Its a mix, quite often its that they will not zero. Ether they will not adjust left to right or up to down. The "MOST" common problem is the cheap brightness knob breaking off.. Just not turning on is the 2nd most common.

Top Bottom