• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Eotech sites are a little on the expensive side, does anyone have any advice on a sight that would be comparable but a little less expensive. :patriot:

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    do not buy cheap crap. a used EoTech can be had for $300,sometimes less.

If you absolutely need a budget optic, buy a Primary Arms Aimpoint clone.

Primary Arms - For Optics Accessories & More | Weapons Optics | Firearm Supplies

Very good advice indeed.... a PA Apoint clone held up on my M1A Scout rifle and it helped me decide that I wanted to stick w/ iron sights which saved me well over a $1k..... since I didnt buy a real Aimpoint and then have to build up another AR for it when it came off the M1A !!! ;)

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    the burris Fast fire is a great sight and the burris speed dot 135 are good choices, the people who spend twice as much will RAIL against this suggestion but its because they spent too much and want to justify it.

I have used the burris speed dont for 10 years on guns that get shot every week, and on 12 ga. 870 that does duty as a slug gun and turkey gun. the Speed dont on my 45 pistol is my match pistol and it gets shot (depending on club schedule) in every centerfire and 45 match and has more rounds through it than 95% of most guns in indiana.
    I have been using the fastfire on my 44 rifle for deer season and it lives through everything a deer gun lives through and I have a second that I'm going to mount on something and several people in the club have had fastfires mounted on 45 slides and shot them in matches for 2 seasons.

if your worried about dropping the fastfire directly on the mount for a second story building and it landing directly on the sight then running down and getting the gun and dropping it a second time then you need to get the fast fire protective wings they sell

Yes the sights that cost 1k are tough and they are doing a great job in the mideast and they take abuse after abuse because if you talk to anyone you'll find out the US soldier can break ANYTHING without exception.

key question, "Would I trust my life to a Burris Fastfire/speed dot?" the answer is yes.

BIGGER question " Would I trust my Son or Daughters Life to a a Burris F/S?" the answer is still yes because I've taught them not to use thier guns as sledgehammer. and I believe the Burris F/S will handle the same thing that the butstock or forearm would.

If you hold the gun by the barrel and use the gun to kill a cow by hitting it in the head till its dead then the 1k scope might be a better choice but your going to have to get a new firearm anyway.

thats my 2 cents, Now the experts can beat me up for accepting a quality product that does the job instead of knee jerking "EOTECH ect."

BTW the AR's Carry handle sights and post front sight still work just because there are dot sights out there the good old Irons haven't stopped working

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Eotech sites are a little on the expensive side, does anyone have any advice on a sight that would be comparable but a little less expensive. :patriot:

The only thing comparable and a little less expensive to the EOTech is the Bushnell Holosight

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    the burris Fast fire is a great sight and the burris speed dot 135 are good choices, the people who spend twice as much will RAIL against this suggestion but its because they spent too much and want to justify it.

I have used the burris speed dont for 10 years on guns that get shot every week, and on 12 ga. 870 that does duty as a slug gun and turkey gun. the Speed dont on my 45 pistol is my match pistol and it gets shot (depending on club schedule) in every centerfire and 45 match and has more rounds through it than 95% of most guns in indiana.
    I have been using the fastfire on my 44 rifle for deer season and it lives through everything a deer gun lives through and I have a second that I'm going to mount on something and several people in the club have had fastfires mounted on 45 slides and shot them in matches for 2 seasons.

if your worried about dropping the fastfire directly on the mount for a second story building and it landing directly on the sight then running down and getting the gun and dropping it a second time then you need to get the fast fire protective wings they sell

Yes the sights that cost 1k are tough and they are doing a great job in the mideast and they take abuse after abuse because if you talk to anyone you'll find out the US soldier can break ANYTHING without exception.

key question, "Would I trust my life to a Burris Fastfire/speed dot?" the answer is yes.

BIGGER question " Would I trust my Son or Daughters Life to a a Burris F/S?" the answer is still yes because I've taught them not to use thier guns as sledgehammer. and I believe the Burris F/S will handle the same thing that the butstock or forearm would.

If you hold the gun by the barrel and use the gun to kill a cow by hitting it in the head till its dead then the 1k scope might be a better choice but your going to have to get a new firearm anyway.

thats my 2 cents, Now the experts can beat me up for accepting a quality product that does the job instead of knee jerking "EOTECH ect."

BTW the AR's Carry handle sights and post front sight still work just because there are dot sights out there the good old Irons haven't stopped working

Agreed, a Burris or Primary Arms will serve the vast majority of recreational shooters just fine.

However Eotech's, Aimpoints & Acogs are armored for good reason and are not necessarily designed for the recreational shooter market.

Top Bottom