EPA required device shuts off Ambulance with dying man inside.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I don't know how to quot multiple people in one post...

See the buttons at the lower right corner of every post? The ones that say "quote", "multi" and "quick"? Click the one that says "multi" for each post you want to quote, and for the last one click "quote." That will put them all in to one post.

UnionPmedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NW Indiana
    See the buttons at the lower right corner of every post? The ones that say "quote", "multi" and "quick"? Click the one that says "multi" for each post you want to quote, and for the last one click "quote." That will put them all in to one post.

Ahhh, that's what multi means. Thanks!

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Things like a handheld tuner or of the likes can fix this issue 100% with its removal...

When a business breaks the law like that the fine is a bit over $5000 a day and if the EPA can prove that the company left the possibility for this to happen its the same fine for every engine that they built like that. So since the Ambulance services are about every combination of private ownership, municipal ownership and Big gov't ownership they probably aren't going to break the law.

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    ^^^ I don't think the EPA knows about the hundreds of thousands of people that remove them on a regular basis from their vehicles, don't think a fire department would be any different.

Most the guys I know have removed the DPF and urea injection and actually gain 3-5 MPG on average.

And yes the 6.4 fords, the duramaxes and cummins all have issues with this emissions crap causing problems.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    ^^^ I don't think the EPA knows about the hundreds of thousands of people that remove them on a regular basis from their vehicles, don't think a fire department would be any different.

Most the guys I know have removed the DPF and urea injection and actually gain 3-5 MPG on average.

And yes the 6.4 fords, the duramaxes and cummins all have issues with this emissions crap causing problems.

I don't know what fire dept's that you've been dealing with but the 2 I have good knowledge of wouldn't think of breaking a law, it would endanger their grants, donations, Ect. As much Exposure and people looking at equipment they always keep it in perfect condtion and as close to factory fresh as possible. No I dont' think it's in a FD or Amb Service to defeat emission reg's

Also If anyone has been able to defeat the 2013 requirments and take off the Emmision system I'd like to know which company I know some

SecondhandSnake

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Things like a handheld tuner or of the likes can fix this issue 100% with its removal...

And the EPA has shown they will go after anyone who does so BIG TIME after their big lawsuit with Edge, and having everyone else stop selling off road/race tuners period. H&S even requires your VIN to purchase one, which will be sent to the EPA so you can never register the truck for on-road again.

Emergency vehicles typically have a different software package from the factory than normal on road vehicles that should allow them to override some failures, particularly emissions, to remain in service a little longer. However this is only if the chassis manufacturer or body builder enables these features.

Either way, the post 07 emissions control equipment is very burdensome, particularly for any vehicles that idle for extended periods. It is a shame that when lives are on the line, we put emissions above all else.

Top Bottom