• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    I have the same problem when I am not logged in. I assume it has something to do with the image host as some images show and others give the phone number thing.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    When browsing the forums lately, I see this text in quite a few posts.
    ***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)5800462_***Phone Number Hidden*** (See Rules for more info)980344273_n.png?oh=0662ff691798cc7e9d04b96e45fdf582&oe=595F0D06" border="0" alt="" />

any idea why this is happening?

Cheers,
    T

I have the same problem when I am not logged in. I assume it has something to do with the image host as some images show and others give the phone number thing.

It's part of the new tweaks to the classified rules. The reason you can't see it that information is because it's blocked. Super-T, you are not a site supporter and have less than 50 posts. At this time you are not allowed to participate in the classifieds, contact information is not visible. Once you become a site supporter or clear the requited posts then you will be able to see this information.

BobDaniels, you will see it when you're logged in since you have access to the classifieds, but not when you are logged out. It keeps those that are not members from contacting sellers and bypassing the rules.

Have you tried reading the rules?

Nailed it.

BobDaniels

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Boone Co
    BobDaniels, you will see it when you're logged in since you have access to the classifieds, but not when you are logged out. It keeps those that are not members from contacting sellers and bypassing the rules.

Okay, but it is just an image, like looking at the funy pic thread while not logged in, half the pics show up with the phone number thing.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Okay, but it is just an image, like looking at the funy pic thread while not logged in, half the pics show up with the phone number thing.

Strange. I've never looked at the funny picture thread while being logged out, actually I don't really do anything logged out. I just checked some on another browser while not logged in. It seems to be doing it with both INGO attachments and photobucket pics.

Unintended consequences? :dunno:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    OK fellas....this is a new thing to stop visitors and sub 50 post members from contacting members that put up their personal info in the classifieds.

Super T you will see this as you are sub 50 post member and not yet eligible to be active in the classifieds.
    If you are not logged in you are a visitor and will see the same thing.

We are not Armslist or gun broker. The classifieds are a perk for active 50 plus posts members.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    OK fellas....this is a new thing to stop visitors and sub 50 post members from contacting members that put up their personal info in the classifieds.

Super T you will see this as you are sub 50 post member and not yet eligible to be active in the classifieds.
    If you are not logged in you are a visitor and will see the same thing.

We are not Armslist or gun broker. The classifieds are a perk for active 50 plus posts members.

It's effecting more than the classifieds. I just used a different browser (not logged in) and looked at the funny picture thread. Lots of stuff is showing up the same way.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Yes, it is showing up all over the forum, not just in classifieds. Even on an image I just posted. If this is just for the classifieds, then something has gone awry :>)

Ron

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Not sure what these errors have to do with "Reading the Rules"?? Since it is all over the forum, or am I missing a joke?? I do that a lot!

Ron

A
    As far as I can tell this is the first the problem has been noticed and mentioned. I'm sure the rules comment was because this was supposed to effect just the contact & personal information in the classifieds. If Greg didn't say it first then I would have. It was only after Bob said something else that I went and looked using a different browser.

You're not really missing anything, you just caught the conversation very early. The rules say no classified participation for those that aren't site supporters or that have under 50 posts. That applies to the OP of this thread, we assumed he was talking about the classifieds because of it. Apparently he wasn't.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Aw.. got it.. And I totally agree with the rules on the classified ads.

I would say I noticed it about a week or so. Sometimes this stuff happens and it goes away, and you right, it is no big deal. This is a great forum btw.. someone from Revere's Riders turned me on it.. Thanks for all you guys do!

Ron

Top Bottom